As per AICTE norm, minimum 50% aggregate marks, (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in a three-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) recognized by the Association of Indian Universities / AICTE. Candidates who will complete all requirements for the degree by 5th June 2017 may also apply. If an applicant does not complete all the requirements of his/her degree by 5th June 2017, or does not obtain 50% aggregate marks in his/her degree, the offer of admission made to him will stand cancelled. The intake capacity for full time PGDM course is 240 and that for PGDM-HCM course is 60. For admission to the post graduate programme in business management 2017-2019, only those candidates who register for the XLRI Admissions Test XAT 2017 of Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur or CAT- 2016 of the Indian Institutes of Managements (IIMs) or GMAT conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), taken in 2015 or 2016 or CMAT - 2017-18 of All India Council for Technical Education, may apply.
The process for application and selection for full time PGDM and PGDM-HCM courses is as follows:
- Applicants to GIM are required to take the XLRI Admissions Test XAT 2017 or CAT- 2016 of the Indian Institutes of Managements (IIMs) or GMAT examination taken in 2015 or 2016 or CMAT - 2017-18 of All India Council for Technical Education.
- Apply online - Last date for online application for CAT is 15th December 2016 and for XAT/CMAT/GMAT is 3rd January 2017 (With late fee upto 7am on 7th January 2017)
- Interview centres : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Goa, Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and New Delhi (All centres are subject to availability).
- Shortlisting for face-to-face evaluation shall be on the basis of profiles (XAT, CAT,GMAT or CMAT score, qualification, past academic performance and work experience) for PGDM-HCM. Shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview process in various cities in the beginning of March 2017.
- For PGDM, a select group of bright candidates shall be invited to Goa for Achiever's round of interview process in January 2017. All other candidates shall be invited for Regular round in the beginning of March 2017 at various interview centres in the country.
- For Achiever's round
- Interviews shall be held only in Goa and candidates shortlisted for shall be eligible to apply for scholarships. Candidates not shortlisted for Achiever's Round will not be eligible for scholarships. Also, if a candidate is shortlisted for Achiever's round, and decides to opt out of Achiever's round, and instead attends Regular round will not be eligible for Scholarship.
- Shortlisting shall be based on curricular, extracurricular and career achievements and profile (qualification, past academic performance and work experience) of the candidates.
- The shortlist shall be drawn without XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score, to facilitate interview process in January 2017. Scores shall be incorporated later on. GIM may publish guidance minimum score. Candidates with score below guidance minimum score are unlikely to be selected for admission, even though they may have been invited for Achiever's round.
- The final selection shall be made on objective and leadership assessment (40% weightage), the candidate's past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face to face evaluation process (30 % weightage) and composite diversity index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining a desired proficiency in written communication and a minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score and the leadership assessment shall be based on Individual Assessment in Group Activity - an interaction with peers and evaluators.
- Shortlisting for PGDM for Regular round shall be based on XAT, CAT,GMAT or CMAT score of the candidates.
- The final selection for regular round of PGDM and PGDM-HCM will be made on the basis of objective assessment (40% weightage), the candidate's past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face to face evaluation process (30 % weightage) and composite diversity index (5% weightage). This is Subject to obtaining a desired proficiency in written communication and a minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score.
- The sessions are likely to begin in first fortnight of June 2017.
The qualifying cut-off XAT / CAT / GMAT / CMAT score will be lowered by 15 points for candidates of Goan domicile/origin. Documentary evidence of domicile will have to be supplied along with the completed Application Form.
International/ NRI candidates will need valid GMAT score. Fees are marginally higher and are payable in US $. Interviews shall be through videoconferencing. Read More..
|1.||Filling of online application forms||October 2016 to December 2016|
|2.||Last date for online registration
Early Bird (all exams)
(With late fee)
11th December 2016
7th January 2017 (till 7 am)
|3.|| a. XLRI - XAT 2017|
b. CAT - 2016
d. AICTE - CMAT 2017-18
|8th January 2017
4th December 2016
2015 or 2016
|4.||Face to Face evaluation process
a. Achiever's Round
b. Regular Round
February / March 2017
|5.||Announcement of Final Admission results||April 2017|
|6.||Beginning of new academic session||June 2017|
Please note : Admission to the Goa Institute of Management is strictly on the basis of merit and no donation in any form is sought or accepted in connection with admission. Ragging is totally banned at the institute, anyone guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging is liable to be punished. Orders of Government and of Hon'ble Supreme Court on the Anti-Ragging measures are completely followed.
Email : email@example.com
Tel : +91-832-2366704 / 2366700
Preferred time : Mon-Fri (14:00 to 16:00 hrs)