Launching PGDM (Big data Analytics)
A unique two-year residential programme in Big Data Analytics leading to PGDM (BDA)*, the course is designed to train students to be future-ready managers fully equipped to handle big data ecosystem and allied tools and techniques for data driven decision making. With a full-fledged Data Science Lab to work on live data sets under expert guidance, students will get to interact with practitioners and specialists read more... For details, please write to Programme Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*AICTE approval awaited.
|1.||Filling of Online Application Forms||October 2017 to 5th January 2018|
|2.||Last Date for Online Registration
Early Bird (all exams)
(With late fee)
15th December 2017
5th January 2018
a. XLRI - XAT 2018
b. CAT - 2017
d. AICTE - CMAT 2018-19
7th January 2018
26th November 2017
2016 or 2017
|4.||Face to Face Evaluation Process
a. Achiever's Round
b. Regular Round
February / March 2018
|5.||Announcement of Final Admission Results||April 2018|
|6.||Beginning of new Academic Session||June 2018|
Eligibility Criteria: PGDM, PGDM (HCM), PGDM (BDA)
As per AICTE norm, for PGDM, PGDM (HCM), and PGDM (BDA) minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for candidates belonging to SC / ST category) in a three-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) recognized by the Association of Indian Universities / AICTE are required. Candidates satisfying all requirements for the degree by 5 June 2018 may also apply. If an applicant does not complete all degree related requirements by 5 June 2018 or does not obtain 50% aggregate marks, the offer of admission will stand cancelled. Candidates in the last year of degree should have obtained minimum 50% aggregate in the latest examination.
The intake capacity for full-time PGDM course is 240, for PGDM (HCM) course it is 60, and for PGDM (BDA) course it is 60. For admission to Post Graduate Programme in Business Management 2018–2020, only candidates registering for XLRI Admissions Test XAT 2018 of Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur or CAT- 2017 of the Indian Institutes of Managements (IIMs) or GMAT conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) taken in 2016 or 2017 or CMAT- 2018-19 of All India Council for Technical Education may apply.
- Applicants are required to take XAT 2018 or CAT- 2017 or GMAT examination taken in 2016 or 2017 or CMAT - 2018-19
- Apply online - Last date for online application for CAT is 15th December 2017 and for XAT/CMAT/GMAT is 3rd January 2018 (With late fee, it is 5th January 2018)
- Interview centres : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Goa, Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai, and New Delhi (All centres are subject to availability).
- For PGDM (HCM) and PGDM (BDA)*, shortlisting for face-to-face evaluation shall be on the basis of profiles (XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score, qualification, past academic performance, and work experience). Shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview process in various cities in early March 2018.
- For PGDM, a select group of candidates shall be invited to Goa for Achiever's Round of interview process in January 2018. All other candidates shall be invited for Regular Round in early March 2018 at various interview centres.
- For Achiever's round
- Interviews shall be held only in Goa and shortlisted candidates shall be eligible to apply for scholarships. Candidates not shortlisted for Achiever's Round will not be eligible for scholarships. If a candidate shortlisted for Achiever's Round decides to opt out of Achiever's Round and attends Regular Round, the candidate will not be eligible for scholarship.
- While selecting students for Exchange Programmes / JISS (read more..) due weightage shall be given to students selected through Achiever’s Round.
- Shortlisting shall be based on curricular, extracurricular, and career achievements and profile (qualification, past academic performance, and work experience) of the candidates.
- The shortlist shall be drawn without XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score to facilitate interview process in January 2018. Scores shall be incorporated later on. Candidates are required to submit the competitive examination (XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT) scores at the time of Achiever’s Round interviews.
- The final selection shall be made on objective and leadership assessment (40% weightage), past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face-to-face evaluation (30% weightage), and composite diversity index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining desired proficiency in written communication and minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score and the leadership assessment shall be based on Individual Assessment in Group Activity (interaction with peers and evaluators).
- Shortlisting for PGDM for Regular Round shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score of candidates.
- The final selection for Regular Round of PGDM, PGDM (HCM), and PGDM (BDA)* shall be made on the basis of objective assessment (40% weightage), past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face-to-face evaluation (30% weightage), and composite diversity index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining desired proficiency in written communication and minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score.
- The sessions are likely to begin in the first fortnight of June 2018.
The qualifying cut-off XAT / CAT / GMAT / CMAT score will be lowered by 15 points for candidates of Goan domicile / origin. Documentary evidence of domicile will have to be submitted to the institute by 15 January 2018.
International / NRI candidates will need valid GMAT score. Fees are marginally higher and are payable in US $. Interviews shall be through video conferencing. read more..
Please note :
- Admission to the Goa Institute of Management is strictly on the basis of merit and no donation in any form is sought or accepted in connection with admission.
- Ragging is totally banned at the institute. Anyone guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging is liable to be punished. Orders of Government and of Hon'ble Supreme Court on Anti-Ragging measures are completely followed.
- Any dispute concerning Admissions to GIM would be subject to Jurisdiction of the competent Courts within the territorial authority of Panaji only.
Email : email@example.com
Tel : +91-832-2366704 / 2366700
Preferred time : Mon-Fri (14:00 to 16:00 hrs)