|1.||Filling of Online Application Forms||September 2019 to 3rd January 2020|
|2.||Dates for Online Registration
First Mover (all exams)
Early Bird (all exams) / CAT / Achiever's round
(With late fee)
2nd December 2019
15th December 2019
31st December 2019
3rd January 2020
a. XLRI - XAT 2020
b. CAT - 2019
d. AICTE - CMAT 2020
5th January 2020
24th November 2019
Taken between 1st January 2018 and 20th January 2020
|4.||Face to Face Evaluation Process
a. Achiever's Round
b. Regular Round
February / March 2020
|5.||Announcement of Final Admission Results||April 2020|
|6.||Beginning of new Academic Session||June 2020|
Eligibility Criteria: PGDM, PGDM (HCM), PGDM (BDA), PGDM (BFSI)
As per AICTE norm, for PGDM, PGDM (HCM), PGDM (BDA) and PGDM (BFSI)* minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for candidates belonging to SC / ST category) in a three-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) recognized by the Association of Indian Universities / AICTE are required. Candidates satisfying all requirements for the degree by 29th May 2020 may also apply. If an applicant does not complete all degree related requirements by 29th May 2020 or does not obtain 50% aggregate marks, the offer of admission will stand cancelled. Candidates in the last year of degree should have obtained minimum 50% aggregate in the latest examination.
The intake capacity for full-time PGDM course is 240, for PGDM (HCM) course it is 60, for PGDM (BDA) course it is 120 and for PGDM (BFSI)* it is 60. For admission to Post Graduate Programme in Business Management 2020–2022, only candidates registering for XLRI Admissions Test XAT 2020 of Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur or CAT- 2019 of the Indian Institutes of Managements (IIMs) or GMAT conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) taken between 1st January 2018 and 20th January 2020 or CMAT- 2020 of All India Council for Technical Education may apply.
- Applicants are required to take XAT 2020 or CAT- 2019 or GMAT examination taken between 1st January 2018 and 20th January 2020 or CMAT - 2020. Applicants with GMAT are required to inform GMAC latest by 11th Feb 2020 to send the official score directly to GIM,
- Apply online - Last date for online application for CAT is 15th December 2019 and for XAT/CMAT/GMAT is 31st December 2019 (With late fee, it is 3rd January 2020)
- Interview centres : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune (All centres are subject to availability).
- The final selection for PGDM (BFSI)* shall be made on the basis of objective assessment (40% weightage), past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face-to-face evaluation (30% weightage) and Profile Assessment Index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining desired proficiency in written communication and minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment for BFSI shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score.
- For PGDM (BDA), shortlisting for face-to-face evaluation^ shall be on the basis of profiles (XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score, qualification, past academic performance, and work experience). Shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview process in various cities in early March 2020.
- Candidates for PGDM (BDA) will need to take an online aptitude test called GAAT (GIM Analytics Aptitude Test). GAAT will be scheduled in January 2020. This test will be of 150 minutes with Multiple Choice Questions (Please click here for Sample Questions).
- The candidates will be sent a test link for GAAT, which can be taken from anywhere.
- We advise the candidates to go through the following instructions well in advance to be prepared.
- System Requirement (Requirement/ settings of browser and other settings) – Please click here to check your system compatibility to have the online test.
- Please ensure to have a working internet connection at all time during the exam.
- Please also ensure to have a working webcam as well as microphone, as there will be live monitoring during your course of exam.
- Please also keep an original valid ID proof along with you to be shown to the human proctor for permission to start the exam.
- What is GAAT? - GAAT stands for GIM Analytics Aptitude Test. This test shall have following modules, each comprising of six questions:
- Data Interpretation
- Data Visualization
- Logical Reasoning
- Linear Algebra
- General Quants
- Technology & Business awareness
- Basic coding
- Interviews shall be held only in Goa and shortlisted candidates shall be eligible to apply for scholarships. Candidates not shortlisted for Achiever's Round will not be eligible for scholarships. If a candidate shortlisted for Achiever's Round decides to opt out of Achiever's Round and attends Regular Round, the candidate will not be eligible for scholarship.
- While selecting students for Exchange Programmes / JISS (read more..) due weightage shall be given to students selected through Achiever’s Round.
- Shortlisting shall be based on curricular, extracurricular, and career achievements and profile (qualification, past academic performance, and work experience) of the candidates.
- The shortlist shall be drawn without XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score to facilitate interview process in January 2020. Scores shall be incorporated later on. If available, candidates are required to submit the competitive examination (XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT) scores at the time of Achiever’s Round interviews.
- The final selection shall be made on objective and leadership assessment (40% weightage), past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face-to-face evaluation (30% weightage), and composite diversity index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining desired proficiency in written communication and minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score and the leadership assessment shall be based on Individual Assessment in Group Activity (interaction with peers and evaluators).
The qualifying cut-off XAT / CAT / GMAT / CMAT score will be lowered by 15 points for candidates of Goan domicile / origin. Documentary evidence of domicile will have to be uploaded at the time of submitting the application.
International / NRI candidates will need valid GMAT score. Fees are marginally higher and are payable in US $ for international candidates. Interviews shall be through video conferencing. read more..
Please note :
- Admission to the Goa Institute of Management is strictly on the basis of merit and no donation in any form is sought or accepted in connection with admission.
- Ragging is totally banned at the institute. Anyone guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging is liable to be punished. Orders of Government and of Hon'ble Supreme Court on Anti-Ragging measures are completely followed.
- Any dispute concerning Admissions to GIM would be subject to Jurisdiction of the competent Courts within the territorial authority of Panaji only.
- *AICTE approval awaited ^Criteria under revision
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +91-832-2366704 / 2366700
Preferred time : Mon-Fri (14:00 to 16:00 hrs)