|1.||Filling of Online Application Forms||October 2020 to 14th January 2021|
|2.||Dates for Online Registration
First Mover (all exams)
CAT / Achiever's round
Early Bird (XAT/GMAT/CMAT)
Last Date (XAT/GMAT/CMAT)
Final closing (With late fee)
30th November 2020
15th December 2020
31st December 2020
12th January 2021
14th January 2021
a. XLRI - XAT 2021
b. CAT - 2020
d. AICTE - CMAT 2021
3rd January 2021
29th November 2020
Taken between 1st January 2019 and 14th January 2021
|4.||Face to Face Evaluation Process
a. Achiever's Round
b. Regular Round
February / March 2021
|5.||Announcement of Final Admission Results||April 2021|
|6.||Beginning of new Academic Session||June 2021|
Eligibility Criteria: PGDM, PGDM (HCM), PGDM (BDA), PGDM (BIFS)
As per AICTE norm, for PGDM, PGDM (HCM), PGDM (BDA) and PGDM (BIFS) minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for candidates belonging to SC / ST category) in a three-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) recognized by the Association of Indian Universities / AICTE are required. Candidates satisfying all requirements for the degree by 5th June 2021 may also apply. If an applicant does not complete all degree related requirements by 5th June 2021 or does not obtain 50% aggregate marks, the offer of admission will stand cancelled. Candidates in the last year of degree should have obtained minimum 50% aggregate in the latest examination.
The intake capacity for full-time PGDM course is 240, for PGDM (HCM) course it is 60, for PGDM (BDA) course it is 120 and for PGDM (BIFS) it is 60. For admission to Post Graduate in Management 2021-23, only candidates registering for XLRI Admissions Test XAT 2021 of Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur or CAT- 2020 of the Indian Institutes of Managements (IIMs) or GMAT conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) taken between 1st January 2019 and 14th January 2021 or CMAT- 2021 of All India Council for Technical Education may apply.
- Applicants are required to take XAT 2021 or CAT- 2020 or GMAT examination taken between 1st January 2019 and 14th January 2021 or CMAT - 2021. Applicants with GMAT are required to inform GMAC latest by 20th January 2021 to send the official score directly to GIM,
- Apply online - Last date for online application for CAT is 15th December 2020 and for XAT/CMAT/GMAT is 12th January 2021 (With late fee, it is 14th January 2021)
- Interview centres : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai (All centres are subject to availability).
- The final selection for PGDM (BIFS) shall be made on the basis of objective assessment (40% weightage), past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face-to-face evaluation (30% weightage) and Profile Assessment Index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining desired proficiency in written communication and minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment for BIFS shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score.
- For PGDM (BDA), shortlisting for face-to-face evaluation shall be on the basis of profiles (GAAT score and XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score, qualification, past academic performance, and work experience). Shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview process in various cities in early March 2021.
- Candidates for PGDM (BDA) will need to take an online aptitude test called GAAT (GIM Analytics Aptitude Test). GAAT will be scheduled on 31st January 2021 (Sunday). This test will be of 75 minutes with Multiple Choice Questions (Please click here for Sample Questions).
- The candidates will be sent a test link for GAAT, which can be taken from anywhere at no extra cost..
- We advise the candidates to go through the following instructions well in advance to be prepared.
- System Requirement (Requirement/ settings of browser and other settings) – Please click here to check your system compatibility to have the online test.
- Please ensure to have a working internet connection at all time during the exam.
- Please also ensure to have a working webcam as well as microphone, as there will be live monitoring during your course of exam.
- Please also keep an original valid ID proof along with you to be shown to the human proctor for permission to start the exam.
- What is GAAT? - GAAT stands for GIM Analytics Aptitude Test. This test shall have following modules, each comprising of six questions:
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Linear Algebra
- Technology & Business awareness
- Basic coding
- Candidates selected through Achiever’s round shall be eligible to apply for scholarships. Candidates not shortlisted for Achiever's Round will not be eligible for scholarships. If a candidate shortlisted for Achiever's Round decides to opt out of Achiever's Round and attends Regular Round, the candidate will not be eligible for scholarship.
- While selecting students for Exchange Programmes / JISS (read more..) due weightage shall be given to students selected through Achiever’s Round.
- Shortlisting shall be based on curricular, extracurricular, and career achievements and profile (qualification, past academic performance, and work experience) of the candidates.
- The shortlist shall be drawn without XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score to facilitate interview process in January 2021. Scores shall be incorporated later on. If available, candidates are required to submit the competitive examination (XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT) scores at the time of Achiever’s Round interviews.
- The final selection shall be made on objective (40% weightage), past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face-to-face evaluation (30% weightage), and composite diversity index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining desired proficiency in written communication and minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT score.
The qualifying cut-off XAT / CAT / GMAT / CMAT score will be lowered by 15 points for candidates of Goan domicile / origin. Documentary evidence of domicile will have to be uploaded at the time of submitting the application.
International / NRI candidates will need valid GMAT score. Fees are marginally higher and are payable in US $ for international candidates. Interviews shall be through video conferencing. read more..
Please note :
- Admission to the Goa Institute of Management is strictly on the basis of merit and no donation in any form is sought or accepted in connection with admission.
- Ragging is totally banned at the institute. Anyone guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging is liable to be punished. Orders of Government and of Hon'ble Supreme Court on Anti-Ragging measures are completely followed.
- Any dispute concerning Admissions to GIM would be subject to Jurisdiction of the competent Courts within the territorial authority of Panaji only.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +91-832-2366704 / 2366700
Preferred time : Mon-Fri (14:00 to 16:00 hrs)