Fellow Programme in Management
Fellow Programme in Management is a full time doctoral programme with three distinct phases - Course Work, Comprehensive Examination & Research Seminar and Thesis work. The programme typically would run for four years. FPM is aimed at training research scholars for a career in academia and practice.
Research scholars will be equipped with in-depth analytical and functional skills to succeed in both academia and industry. Participants will get an opportunity to work as a teaching and research assistants. All admitted scholars are entitled for scholarship, and will get an opportunity to attend National and International conferences, Workshops etc.
12 reasons for doing FPM in GIM
- 25-year-old institute with over 50 fulltime faculty members. Ranked 48th in NIRF Ranking of management institutes.
- GIM has faculty members with PhD from leading foreign universities like Stanford, Cornell and leading Indian Institutes like IITs & IIMs.
- Monthly Stipend of upto INR 40,000 with free accommodation.
- Preparation for a career in academics with strong foundation in research methodology.
- Opportunity to opt from PGDM core courses.
- Opportunity to select from PGDM electives.
- Option to design stream specific electives.
- Option to design tailored credit seminar courses.
- Non-management candidates can opt for more foundation courses.
- Flexibility in number of credits.
- Publication focus right from the beginning.
- Flexible structure for differential needs.
Programme Learning Goals
FPM Programme is aimed at training research scholars for career in academia and practice with following learning goals
- To develop domain knowledge
- To develop research skills
- To develop teaching competency
Areas of Specialization
- Big Data Analytics
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Organizational Behaviour
- Public Policy
- Strategic Management
i. Monthly Stipend
- Rs. 35,000 per month during first and second year of the programme
- Rs. 37,500 per month during third year of the programme
- Rs. 40,000 per month during the fourth year of the programme
ii. Contingency fund
- Rs. 25,000 per annum for four years and a grant of Rs. 20,000 for Data Collection during third year.
iii. Conference support
After successful completion of course work and comprehensive exam, candidates will get conference participation support as mentioned below -
- 2 National conferences (maximum financial support - Rs. 30,000 per conference; fund cannot be adjusted against any other conference/purpose). One conference during FPM third and fourth year.
- 1 Foreign conference with maximum financial support of Rs.1,50,000 per student during third/fourth year.
iv. Teaching assistant
The candidates will be assigned to their faculty guides as teaching assistant during third and fourth year. This would give them an opportunity to learn and improve their teaching competencies.
v. Free Housing
Candidates will be provided free housing facility in the campus, during the programme.
vi. Fee Structure
There is an nominal annual registration fee of Rs.10,000, a refundable caution deposit of Rs.10,000 and a submission fee of Rs.2000 at the time of submitting the thesis.
Research Culture and Research Infrastructure at GIM
GIM Education Philosophy document spells out the research focus and launch of FPM is an additional milestone in that direction.
GIM Research Policy is to (i) Encourage faculty to engage in research activities for the benefit of all GIM stakeholders and (ii) Generate and Disseminate knowledge through research that informs teaching and is informed by teaching.
To achieve this GIM has founded Centre of Excellence for Research and adopted some of the strategies e.g. (i) encourage Faculty training and skill upgradation (ii) to build a great research Infrastructure and culture, and (iii) to enhance overall quality of research.
Internal research seminars, invited researchers lectures, Distinguished Professor Series and many such initiatives e.g. encouraging faculty to participate in National and International conferences and grants for research are some of the enabling features.
The scholars will have access to an excellent library, which has diverse range of collection of books and journals of over 7175 titles. Library has subscription to around 165 Indian and International journals and a tie-up with the University of Ohio, USA, which assists in updation of titles. GIM is also a member of DELNET.
In addition GIM has subscription of most prominent online research and corporate databases such as EBSCO, PROQUEST, JSTOR, EPWRF (India Time Series), Indiastat, India Business Insight(IBI), CMIE, Prowess IQ.
GIM has fully equipped Finance Lab that integrates theory with real world practice.
Finance Lab was established with an aim to promote applied research in financial connect. Scholars will have real-time access to global financial resources that will enable them to link theory to actual financial markets.
GIM has exclusive working space for the research scholars. In addition to the monthly stipend, there is a provision for contingency fund and conference support (International and national) to the scholars.
- A Master's Degree / Equivalent in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent Grade Point Average
- The candidate must have obtained at least 60 percent marks in the higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Admission form & indication of research interest: Applicant needs to complete and submit the online FPM application form along with a statement of purpose (SOP) and a brief research proposal (to be uploaded online) latest by 27th February 2021.
Guidelines for SOP: Please upload 6-8 page (about 3000 words) Statement of Purpose (SOP) for applying to FPM programme at GIM. The broad headings for SOP may include your background, your reasons for pursuing FPM at GIM, and your career goals. This SOP should also include a section on your Research Proposal. The research proposal should state a research problem worth investigating in the given time frame. The research proposal should describe the snapshot of the broad research problem that you would be addressing during the FPM programme. Mention clearly the motivation for taking up this study, the methodology you would use to address it, and the potential contribution it would make to the larger body of research.
Letter of Recommendation: The application requires two letters of recommendation. The recommenders can email their recommendations directly to the mail id: email@example.com, mentioning clearly the candidate name in the subject line.
Application Fees: Rs. 1500/- + GST (18%)
Admission Interview: Based on the Statement of the Purpose, research proposal, score in competitive exams like XAT, CAT, GMAT, CMAT, NET JRF, evaluation of past academic performance, research interest and relevant work experience, candidates will be called for an interview for final selection. Interviews would be conducted online.
Important Dates: (Tentative)
Filling of Application Forms: The last date to apply 27 February 2021
Evaluation Process: 22 March 2021
Announcement of Results: 15 April 2021
Beginning of Academic year: To be announced
For more enquiries, write to: Dr. Nandakumar Mekoth (Chair - FPM) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org