- FDPM (IIM-A)
Padhmanabhan's teaching and research interests are in the area of individual and group dynamics. His curiosity is in observing group processes and its impact on the group and organizational performance. He is currently undergoing the Professional Development Phase in group processes intervention in Indian Society of Applied Behavioral Science (ISABS). He has done his Ph.D. from Bharthiar University and FDP from IIM(A). He has completed Organizational Certification Program (ODCP) from ISABS and certified in FIRO(B).
His interests are in gathering organizational stories and writing case studies that explore the processes at the self and interpersonal level in organizations. Some of the cases authored by him have been published in Asian Business Case Center – a case publication house of Nanyang Business School, Singapore, Ivey Publishing and have been listed in Harvard Business Publishing. One of his Ivey case study was selected in IVEY's "Cases in leadership", SAGE publication.
Area of expertise:
Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources.
Individual behavior, Power and influence in Organization, Conflict Management, Interpersonal and Group process
Research and consulting area:
Cultural diagnosis, Co-creating vision, mission and values, Understanding self, Effective interpersonal relationship, Team building and conflict management, Emotional intelligence
- Industry - 5 years
- Teaching - 6 years
Research & Publications:
- Padhmanabhan & Singhal, (2017), Innovation in Management: Challenges and the Road Ahead, International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy, 6(2), (2017).
- Padhmanabhan & Latha, (2017), Relationship between Workgroup Characteristics and Effectiveness- A study on Women Self-Help Groups, The IUP Journal of Organizational Behavior, 16 (2), 17-34.
- Padhmanabhan & Singhal, (2017), Relevance of Oral Comprehensive Exams in B-School Environment, International Journal of Innovative Studies and Advanced Research, 4(3).
- Padhmanabhan & Latha, (2016), An empirical study to identify Workgroup Characteristics with special reference to Women Self-Help Groups, Vimarsh - A Journal of Management, 7(2), 10-21.
- Padhmanabhan, (2016), Perception Management - The "X" factor for performance appraisal, International Journal of Management Research and Strategy, 5(2).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Creating Ethical Climate through Culture and Ethical Leadership. International Journal of Business and Management Invention, 4(6), 62-65 (2015).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Understanding Online Knowledge Sharing Communities: A Qualitative Research Approach through a Group Leader's Experience. International Journal of Management and Social Science Research, 4(6), 71-76 (2015).
- Padhmanabhan, V. The Self-Help Group's Workgroup Characteristics and Its Relations with the Group's Effectiveness - A Conceptual Study. Research Journal of Commerce & Behavioural Science, 3(8), 14-18 (2014).
- Latha, V., & Padhmanabhan, V. A Study on the Relationship between Workgroup Process and Group Members’ Satisfaction with Reference to Women Self-Help Group. IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, 65-81 (2013).
- Singhal, D., & Padhmanabhan, V. A Study on Customer Perception towards Internet Banking: Identifying Major Contributing Factors. Journal of Nepalese Business Studies, 5(1), 101-111 (2008).
- Shrivastava, R., & Padhmanabhan, V., Whose Money is this Anyway? International Journal of Management and Social Sciences Research (IJMSSR), 5(1), 52-57. (2016).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Will they Resolve Their Differences - A conflict Story. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 3(6), 3178-3179 (2015).
- Padhmanabhan, V. A Case Study on Unethical Team Leadership. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 2(5), 833-835 (2014).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Internal Competition – A curse for Team Performance. Richard Ivey School of Business (2012).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Conflict Management at TKC Consulting. Richard Ivey School of Business. (2011).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Dove Financial Services and Customer Relationship Management –Systems or People. The Asian Business Case Centre (2010).
- Padhmanabhan, V. A Neutral Line to the State Electricity Board. Babson (2010).
- Padhmanabhan, V. To Divest Or Diverge: K.K Corporation's Dilemma. European Case Clearing House. (2009).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Star Gym. Annual Case Book, 14 (2009).
- Padhmanabhan, V., & Singhal, D., ISO 9001: 2000 QMS as Supply Chain Tool for Small and Medium Enterprises. In ISO 9001: 2000 QMS as Supply Chain Tool for Small and Medium Enterprises. Macmillan India. (2008).
Cases in Books
- Padhmanabhan, V. Conflict Management at TKC Consulting. In W. Rowe & L. Guerrero (Eds.), Cases in Leadership (3rd ed., p. 528). Richard Ivey School of Business & SAGE Publications. (2013).
- Padhmanabhan, V. An analysis of selected causal factors influence on the purchase decision of consumers toward the private label. PACE Journal (2010).
- Padhmanabhan, V. Course Material on Marketing Management (Compiled). Bharathiyar University School of Distant Education, Coimbatore (2008).