- PhD (Economics)
- M.Phil (Economics)
- M.Sc (Economics)
Prior to join Goa Institute of Management, Goa Prof. Joy Chowdhury was working with IBS, Chennai as a Faculty Member in the area of Economics. He also taught at NMIMS as an Assistant Professor in the area of Economics. He has also worked with ISB, Hydearbad, IIM A and Jadavpur University.
Area of expertise:
Statistical and Econometric Modeling, Applied Economics.
Also teaches/ taught at:
IBS, NMIMS, Mumbai, Goa University
Research and consulting area:
General Equilibrium Modeling, Applied Economics, Forecasting.
- 2008 – 2010 Worked as a faculty in the area of Economics at IBS.
- 2006 -2007 Worked as an Assistant Professor in the are of Economics at NMIMS, Mumbai.
- 2005 – 2006 Worked as an Academic Associate at ISB, Hyderabad.
- 2005 Worked as a Research Associate at IIM A in the area of Production and Quantitative Methods.
- 2003 – 2005 Worked as a Researcher in an Indo – Canadian Project funded by Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) at Jadavpur University, West Bengal.
Research & Publications:
- Chowdhury, J. GDP and Pollution: Empirical Analysis for the Nafta Trade Block, International Journal of Economic Growth and Environmental Issues, 5 (2017)
- Chowdhury, J. The impact of Carbon Dioxide emission on the FDI: An emperical analysis of Nafta area, International Journal of Economic and Business Review, 5(6) (2017)
- Chowdhury, J. Towards an Empirical Analysis of The Impact of Goods Trade Liberalisation on Services Trade, EPRA International Journal of Economic and Business Review, 4(10). (2016)
- Chowdhury, J., Mahawar, A., & Laha, A., Estimating Export Demand: An Empirical Analysis (DVD) Presentation. In Proceedings of the Fourth IIMA International Conference on Advanced Data Analysis, Business Analytics and Intelligence. Ahmedabad: IIM. ISBN : 978-81-909529-34. (2015).
- Chowdhury, J., Forecasting Foreign Direct Investment in India. Abstract published in the proceedings of the international conference on ‘Financial Risk Management Innovative Tools and Techniques. Chennai: IBS. (2008).
- Gupta, K., Chowdhury, J., & Khaddaria, R., Aquaculture vs. Wild Shrimp Fisheries: A Bio-Economic Analysis for West Bengal and Orissa. In P. Kumar & B. Reddy (Eds.), Ecology and Human Well-Being (p. 408). India: Sage Publication. (2007).
- Chowdhury, J. & Others, Estimating and Analysing Demand for Multiplexes. In R. Jain, P. Gupta, & U. Dhar (Eds.), Enhancing Enterprise Competitiveness -Strategy, Operations and Finance. India: Allied Publishing. (2007).
- Chowdhury, J. & Others, Environmental Services and the Associated Economic Activities of the Shrimp -Mangrove System in the Indian coastal Zone of the Bay of Bengal with Emphasis on the Sunderbans in West Bengal. GCP – JU- SHARP. (2004).
- Chowdhury, J., Mangrove - Fishery Linkages: A Brief Review of Existing Literature. Global Change Programme, Jadavpur University Working Paper. (2004).