- B.Sc.(Honours) – Economics, St Xavier’s College, Calcutta University.
- MBA – S P Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai.
- M.Sc. (Finance) – Strathclyde University, UK.
- FRM (GARP, USA)
Currently Assistant Professor in Finance at GIM. Completed MBA from SPJIMR, Mumbai and began career with Tata Steel Limited. Later on moved to Strathclyde University, UK to complete M.Sc. in Finance securing a Distinction. Worked with Morgan Stanley (UK) in Operational Risk Management. In 2008/09, successfully cleared and declared a fully certified FRM. Began academic career as a faculty member at Universal Business School (MH). Areas of interest include equity valuation, valuation and use of derivatives and financial risk management.
Area of expertise:
Financial Risk Management
Also teaches/ taught at:
Universal Business School, Karjat (MH), BITS Pilani, Goa in the area of Derivatives & Risk Management , Financial Management
- Tata Steel Limited (India).
- Morgan Stanley International plc (UK).
- Universal Business School, Karjat (MH).
Research & Publications:
- Desarkar, K., & Mayur, M., Relationship between underpricing and post IPO performance: Evidence from Indian IPOs. In Presented at the world finance conference. Venice, Italy. (2014).