Pravat Surya Kar
- M.B.A., Sambalpur University.
- Ph.D., National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India.
I have 15 Years of Professional Experience in Consulting, Academics, and Research. Past nine years of this experience has been as a full time academician. I teach Marketing Management, Social Marketing & Rural Marketing. In past have also taught Services Marketing. My research interests includes management of relationships & engagements in online & offline marketing contexts. I take keen interest in social & behavioural change practices. Prior to joining teaching in 2005, approximately for six years, I was working for power distribution utilities like NPCL, Noida and WESCO, Orissa, in different parts of India. My responsibilities during those corporate assignments included customer relation, business development, and project management. During, that stint I had successfully led several sales & marketing campaigns both at B2C & B2B levels. I had started my career in 1999, with Eli Lilly, a pharmaceutical MNC as a territory sales manager, in the south Calcutta region, of India.
Area of expertise:
Business Marketing, Relationship Marketing.
Also teaches/ taught at:
Research and consulting area:
Buyer-Seller Relationship, Data Analytic, Retail and Social Engineering.
- December 1999 to February 2000 – Eli Lilly Ranbaxy
- March 2000 to February 2005 – XIMB Consultancy Wing
- March 2005 to March 2012 – Faculty RIMS, Rourkela
Research & Publications:
- Kar, P., Mortein Vaporizer: What Lies Beneath Brand Positioning? Case Analysis III. Vikalpa, 38(3). (2013).
- R.D. Bikash, S.K. Pravat and Sreekumar, Factors Influencing Purchase of ‘NANO’ the Innovative Car from India-An Empirical Study. Asian Journal of Business Management, 2(3), 48-56. (2010).
- Kar, P., & Bhaswati, P. Targeting the BoP in India for Health Insurance: A Concept Note. The Chankya, Journal of RIMS, Rourkela. (2009).
- Biswal, S., Kar, P., & Debata, B. (Eds.), Marketing in Emerging Markets. New Delhi: Excel Books. (2009).
- Kar, P., Nano Sales: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Remedies, in Building Competencies for Sustainability and Organisational Excellence. In Advance Research Series (pp. 121-129). Macmillan India Limited. (2011).
- Debata, B.R. and Kar, P.S., Paving the Slit. In A. Koul (Ed.), Management Communication: Trends and Strategies. India: Tata McGraw -Hill Publishing Company. (2006).
- Kar, P., State Of Marketing Education a Curriculum Review Template, in proceedings of the 39th ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA. (8-10 June, 2017).
- Kar, P, Sustainability research, practice and role of ‘community orientation, in proceedings of XUB Sustainability Summit - 2016 on 'Energy, Peace & Global Governance' (1 - 13 August, 2016).
- Kar, P, Sustainability in Higher Education, in proceedings of the Wipro Western Region Sustainability Symposium, Ahmedabad India. (21-22, October 2016).
- Kar, P., Revisiting Rural India's Periodic Markets: RRA of Two HAATs. In Proceedings of the 37th ISMS Marketing Science Conference. Baltimore, Maryland, USA: Johns Hopkins University, Carey Business School. (2015).
- Kar, P., Social marketing to bop farmers in an emerging economy. In Proceedings of the third South Asian Management Research and Case Conference. Bangalore: IIM. (2013).
- Kar, P. S., Debata, B. R. and Pradhan D., An exploration of Value architecture for the College going Indian Youth. In Proceedings of the International Conference in Marketing. Lucknow, India: IIM. (2012).
- Kar, P., An exploration of Value architecture for the College going Indian Youth. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Organization Development (ICOD, 2011). India: IMT, Ghaziabad. (2011).
- Kar, P.S., Debata, B.R. and Banjare, P., An AHP for the Dimensions of Edu-Qual: Special reference to B-Education in India. In Proceedings of the First National Conference of Research Scholars in Management (NCRSM). Gwalior: Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management. (2011).
- Mishra, S., Naik, S., Sreekumar, Debata, B. R. and Kar, P. S., Edu-Qual Dimensions in B-Education: An Indian Perspective. In Proceedings of the International Conference on India Emerging: Opportunities and Challenges. Greater Noida, India: Indus Business Academy. (2011).
- Kar, P. S., Das, I, Retailer behaviour in Nuagaon block with respect to selected consumer non-durables. In Proceedings of the Conference on Marketing to Rural Consumers. Kozikode: IIM Kozhikode. (2008).
- Sahu, A., & Kar, P., Improving the Occupancy Rate of the Hospitality Division, at the International Centre, Goa. Goa: International Centre, Goa. (2015).