- PhD, GGSIP University, Delhi.
- MSc, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun.
- BSc., Hindu College, Delhi University
Prof. Manas Mayur has a Msc from FRI,Dehradun in Economics and Management and PhD from GGSIP University, Delhi in Finance. He has worked as a full time faculty with B schools like IBS Hyderabad, IME, Sahibabad and IMT CDL. He has published research papers in journals of national repute like Vikalpa and Journal of Applied Finance. Besides, he has also contributed research papers and cases in the edited volumes. Three of his research papers are registered as working paper at IIM, Lucknow. Research carried out by him has been acclaimed by many academician and researchers. He has received best paper award at several conferences. His research interests include: Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) and Corporate Governance.
Area of expertise:
Financial Management, Security analysis and portfolio management, International finance.
Also teaches/ taught at:
IBS Hyderabad, IME Sahibabad and IMT CDL, Ghaziabad.
Research and consulting area:
Corporate finance and Capital market.
Research & Publications:
- Mayur, M., Performance Implications of Board Size, Composition and Activity: Empirical Evidence from the Indian Banking Sector. Corporate Governance, 17(3), (2016).
- Mayur, M., Do Investors Keep Their Mistakes: An Empirical Investigation on Disposition Effect. Indian Journal of Economics and Business, 15(2), 215-227, (2016).
- Mayur, M., An empirical investigation of market timing behaviour: evidence from Indian IPOs. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 13(3), 85-93, (2016).
- Mayur, M., Agency Conflicts and Operating Performance in an Emerging Market. Corporate ownership and Control, 14(1), 73-83, (2016).
- Mayur, M., Is Underpricing a Signal of Firm Quality? An Empirical Investigation on Indian Companies. Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, 11(3), 92-98, (2015).
- Mayur, M., Impact of Global Stock Exchanges on the Indian Stock Market: An Empirical Investigation. Indian Journal of Economics and Business, 14(3), 313-331, (2015).
- Mayur, M., Relationship between Price-Earnings Ratios and Stock Value in an Emerging Market. Paradigm, 19(1), 52-64, (2015).
- Gadag, D., & Mayur, M. Understanding Technical Analysis: A Conceptual Framework. International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, 4(4), 242-249, (2015).
- Gadag, D., & Mayur, M., Technical Analysis and Stock Market Return. Global Journal for Research Analysis, 4(5), 46-48, (2015).
- Mayur, M., Valuing Watershed Services: An Empirical Study from India. FIIB Business Review, 3(4), 69-80, (2014).
- Mayur, M., Relationship between Underpricing and Post IPO Performance: Evidence from Indian IPOs. Asia Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 10(2), 129-136, (2014).
- Mayur, M., A Study on Post IPO Performance of Indian Banks and their relationship with Underpricing Issues. Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 8(7), 360-365, (2014).
- Mayur, M., Economic Valuation using Contingent Valuation Technique: An Empirical Analysis. Indian Journal of Research in Management, 2(2), 85-89, (2014).
- Mayur, M., & Pereira, L., Mergers and Acquisitions and CEO’s Mind Mapping. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 2(5), 830-832, (2014).
- Mayur, M., Jubilant’s Initial Public Offering (IPO) Decision. Journal of Economics & Business Studies, 3(8), 78-84, (2014).
- Mayur, M., & Kumar, M., Determinants of Going Public Decision in an Emerging Market: Evidence from India. Vikalpa - The Journal for Decision Makers, 38(1), (2013).
- Mittal, S., & Mayur, M., Ownership Change and Deterioration of Performance in Post-IPO Period: A Panel Data Analysis of Indian Firms. The IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, 11(2), (2012).
- Mayur, M., & Mittal, S., Waves of Indian IPOs. Asia Pacific Business Review, 2(3), (2011).
- Mayur, M., & Kumar, M., Ownership and Performance in an Emerging Market: Evidence from Indian IPOs. The ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, 15(7), 5-23, (2009).
- Mayur, M., & Kumar, M., An Empirical Analysis of the Factors Influencing ‘Going Public’ Decision of Indian Companies. The ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, 13(2), (2007).
- Mayur, M., & Saravanan, P., Does board size really matters: An empirical investigation on Indian banking sector. ICFAI Journal of Corporate Governance, 5(2), (2006).
- Desarkar, K., & Mayur, M., Relationship between underpricing and post IPO performance: Evidence from Indian IPOs. In Presented at the world finance conference. Venice, Italy. (2014).
- Mayur, M., Pandey, R., & Sebastin, V. An Economic Valuation of Indirect Benefits of Watershed Management in Rural Rajasthan: A Contingent Valuation Study (1st ed.). Green Business, Allied Publishing, (2006).
- Sinha, S., Sahay, B., & Mayur, M. National Industries Limited. In Cases in Business Management (1st ed.). Allied Publishing, (2006).
- Mayur, M., & Kumar, M. Suzlon Initial Public Offerings. In Cases in Business Management. Delhi: Allied Publishing, (2005).