- BE (Elec. & Comm Engg), PGDM (Marketing),FPM
Dr. Kanupriya Katyal (Associate Professor, Marketing) is an Electronics & Communication Engineer from University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, and has a Post Graduate Diploma in Management with specialization in Marketing from Goa Institute of Management, Panaji. She is a Fellow in Management from XLRI, Jamshedpur. She was a Visiting Scholar at Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University, New York, during 2004-05. She is an AIM-AMA Jagdish Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow.
Area of expertise:
Research Methods, New Product Development, Marketing Engineering.
Also teaches/ taught at:
Administrative Staff College of India (Hyderabad), XIMR (Mumbai), BITS, Ras-Al-Khaimah (UAE), MANAGE (Hyderabad).
Research and consulting area:
Research Interests: Price Fairness, Customer Entitlement, Consumer Bargaining and Spousal Decision Making | Consulting Interests: Designing Marketing Plans, Market Potential Assessment and Needs Assessment.
- AP Handicrafts Development Council (2006-07) : Corporate Restructuring including Organizational analysis, financial analysis, Market and Product Analysis, Customer Satisfaction Survey, Brand Elements Review
- HLFPPT (2006-07) : Program evaluation, and Training Needs Analysis.
- BHEL (2007-08) : Evaluation of Long Duration Training Programs.
- NE Handloom & Handicraft Council (2008-09) : Corporate Restructuring including Organizational analysis, financial analysis, Market and Product Analysis, Customer Satisfaction Survey, Brand Elements Review.
- Nagaland Industrial Development Corporation (2008-09) : Organizational analysis, financial analysis, Industry analysis, and Market Potential Assessment.
- UGC (2009-10) : Manpower Assessment and Planning.
- ACGL (2012-2013): Employee Satisfaction Survey
- Mahadan Real Estate (2013-14): Real Estate Survey including Market Environment Assessment; Customer Segmentation and Preference Analysis; Competitor Analysis
Management Development Programs
- She has conducted over 20 MDPs in Sales Management, Product Strategies, and Customer Relationship Management. Regular Clients to these programs include Orient Cement, LIC, PNB, Novartis, Balmer & Lawrie, KVB, etc.
- She has also conducted In-Company MDPs for Indofil Chemicals, Suguna Poultry & Farms through ASCI and her other clients have been LIC (Hyderabad); Care Hospital (Hyderabad); Dhanuka (Hyderabad).
Research & Publications:
- Katyal, K., & Dawra, J., Capturing Heterogeneity in Preference for a Real-Estate Offering Using Hierarchical Bayesian Regression Model. Journal of Real Estate Research, 38(2), 291-319 (2016).
- Dawra, J., Katyal, K., & Gupta, V., “Can you do something about the price?” – Exploring the Indian deal and bargaining-prone customer. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 32(5), 356-366. (2015).
- Katyal, K., Book Review: Customer in the Board Room? Crafting Customer-Based Business Strategy. By Rama Bijapurkar. ASCI Journal of Management, 42(2), 114-119. (2013).
- Dawra, J., Katyal, K., & Reddy, M., Perturbation model for a product of joint consumption. Measurement and Analysis for Marketing, 20(3&4), 145-157. (2012).
- Katyal, K., & Dawra, J., Use of Coercive Strategies by Spouses while making a Purchase Decision and its relation with Product Involvement. ICFAI Journal of Marketing Management. (2008).
- Katyal, K., & Dawra, J., Self-Explicated Conjoint for Heterogeneous Products: The Rs.1 lakh car. ASCI Journal of Management, 35(1), 91-106. (2006).
- Katyal K. & Dawra, J., GACL: Balancing Employee Satisfaction and Productivity. Ivey Case (9B17C007). (2017).
- Dawra, J., & Katyal, K., The Popularity of Personal Computers in India. IBS Case Development Centre. (IPD 0100). (2010).
Book Chapters/ Conferences
- Dawra, J. & Katyal, K., Guilty but Happy: Conceptualizing and Delineating Special Treatment from Preferential Treatment. In Proceeding of the European Marketing Academy Conference. University of Groningen, Netherlands (2017.
- Katyal, K., & Patro, S., Understanding the Impact of Consumer Characteristics on Customer Loyalty: An Indian Perspective. In Proceeding of the Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board. Dubai: Emerging Markets Conference Board. (2015).
- Katyal K. & Dawra, J., Capturing Heterogeneity in Preference for a Real Estate Offering using Hierarchical Bayesian Regression Model. In Proceedings of the Second Pan IIM World Management Conference.
- Dawra, J., Katyal, K., & Gupta, V. Can you do something about the price?" - Exploring the Indian Deal, Store-brand and Haggling-prone Consumer. In Proceedings of AMS World Marketing Congress. ESAN Business School, Peru (2014).
- Katyal, K., Patro, S., Kanetkar, V., Pradhan, D., & Mangaraj, B., What is a Fair Fare? Development and Validation of a Price (Un) Fairness Scale. In Annual Conference of Emerging Markets, IIM-L. Lucknow: IIM -L. (2014).
- Katyal, K., & Dawra, J., Item and Test Analysis – Determination of Test Quality. In National Testing Services (1st ed., Vol. 1). India: MHRD Govt. of India. (2009).
- Peltier, J., Naidu, GM., Murthy, K., Ravi B., & Katyal, K., Social Networks across the Organizational Life-Cycle from Start-up through Growth: Usage Frequency and Importance. In the proceedings of the Third European Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation. (2008).
- Katyal, K., Organization Development Exercise at Aksh to address the problem of high Employee Attrition. In G. Jegadeesan (Ed.), Employee Satisfaction in Knowledge Industry. India: ICFAI, (2007).
- Katyal, K., & Dawra, J., Analyzing Influence of Store preference on brand choice using Hierarchical Bayesian Approach. In Proceedings of the Great Lakes – North American Society for Marketing Education in India conference. Chennai, India: Great Lakes institute and Kotler-Srinivasan center for research in Marketing. (2007).
- Katyal, K., Dawra, J., & Murthy, K., Store-Brand Equity with emphasis on Vertical Dimensions of Product Differentiation: An Exploratory Study. In Proceedings of the Global Arena - Challenge of the 'Morrow" Conference (1st ed., Vol. 1). USA: NIILM in collaboration with Academy of Marketing Sciences. (2006).
- Katyal, K., & Anuradha, K., Outsourcing of Clinical Drug Trials to India: A Promise of Growth if Regulated Properly. Med Monthly, 24-26. (2013, March 1).
- Katyal, K., & Murthy, K., MTC’s foray into the Jewellery Business. ASCI's Internal Use. (2008).