- PhD – Hospital & Health Management (Pursuing) from IIHMR University, Jaipur.
- M.Phil. (Hospital and Health Systems) from BITS-Pilani.
- PGD-HCM from IIHMR, Jaipur.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from Government Medical College, Nagpur.
- Certified NABH assessor by Quality Council of India.
With over thirteen years of work experience in healthcare industry, Arif has a rich exposure to various hospital organizations and public health systems. He has held key responsibilities in industry and have handled several projects related to hospital management. He is the author of the book ‘Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations'. He has consulted several hospitals for quality improvement and accreditation. He has interest in research related to quality and patient safety and has published papers and presented in national and international conferences. He has been invited as speaker in conferences, MDPs, workshops and similar events. His knowledge based blog, ‘The Healthcare Manager' (https://expresshealthcaremanagement.blogspot.com/), gets viewed about 40,000 times in a month. He is also a recipient of ‘The Best Professor in Healthcare Management' award by Dewang Mehta Business school affaire.
Area of expertise:
Hospital Operations, Healthcare Quality and Accreditation, Hospital Planning and Management
Hospital Planning and Design, Healthcare Quality Management, Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Medical Tourism
Also teaches/ taught at:
TA Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Institute of Clinical Research India (ICRI), Hemchandra North Gujarat University, Patan, Gujarat
Research and consulting area:
NABH accreditation for hospitals, Hospital and healthcare quality Improvement, Hospital Planning and Design
- State Programme Manager for Urban Health Programme, Chhattisgarh.
- Technical Expert – PPP for Urban Health Programme, Chhattisgarh.
- Manager – Quality Assurance at H.M.Patel Centre for Medical Care and Education, Gujarat.
- Faculty – Healthcare Management at Institute of Clinical research India (ICRI).
- Regional Manager and Consultant, Astron Hospital and Healthcare Consultant Pvt. Ltd.
- Executive – Hospital Administration, Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi.
Research & Publications:
- Raza. A, Does Accreditation Improves Quality of Care as perceived by Healthcare providers?, Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, (2018).
- Raza.A., Effect of Hospital Accreditation on Quality of Care as Perceived by Patients. Indian Journal of Hospital Administration. 2(1). 12-21 (2018).
- Raza. A, Use of CRABEL Scores to improve Quality of Medical Records Documentation in Hospitals. International Journal of Research Foundation of Hospital and Health Care Administration, 4(1):1-6 (2016).
- Raza. A, An assessment of India's development in healthcare in comparison to overall development in LMIC countries, Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 8(3), 187-193 (2016).
- Raza, A. Factors influencing patients’ choice of hospitals. International Journal for Research in Commerce and Management, 2(2), 34-39 (2012).
- Raza, A., Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. India: JAYPEE - The Health Sciences Publisher. (2016).
- Raza, A. Performance of India in Healthcare: A comparative assessment of achievements and present status since year 2000. In Proceedings of the ‘International Conference on Organization and Management (ICOM)’, Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi University. (2015).
- Raza, A. Measurement of surgical patients’ vulnerability to avoidable adverse events. In proceedings of ‘Global Healthcare Summit’, Mumbai, India: American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin. (2015).
- Raza, A. Use of CRABEL Score for improving the Quality of Medical Record documentation. In Proceedings of the International Conference for Management Practices and Research. New Delhi: Apeejay School of Management. (2014).
- Raza, A. Improving Quality Indicator. In Proceedings of the National Conference 'Pradanya' Jaipur, India: IIHMR University. (2008).
- Blog - ‘The Healthcare Manager' - A comprehensive knowledge resource for managers of hospitals and healthcare providers.