- PhD – Hospital & Health Management (Pursuing) from IIHMR University, Jaipur.
- M.Phil. (Hospital and Health Systems) from BITS-Pilani.
- PGD-HCM from IIHMR, Jaipur.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from Government Medical College, Nagpur.
- Certified NABH assessor by Quality Council of India.
Mr. Arif Raza is an expert in the field of healthcare and hospital management and have wide experience in industry, consulting and academics. He has worked for 9 years in managerial capacity in healthcare industry, before joining Goa Institute of Management. He has also successfully handled several healthcare projects (public and private) related to accreditation and quality management. Within healthcare sector, he has gained rich experience in healthcare quality, accreditation, hospital planning and design, medical tourism, public private partnership and urban health. He has obtained all his qualifications from premier institutions and has always ranked amongst the top performers. He has also got interest into research and have published and presented papers in journals and conferences.
Area of expertise:
Healthcare Quality and Accreditation, Hospital Planning and Management
Hospital Planning and Design, Healthcare Quality Management, Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Medical Tourism
Also teaches/ taught at:
Institute of Clinical Research India (ICRI), Hemchandra North Gujarat University, Patan, Gujarat
Research and consulting area:
NABH accreditation for hospitals, Hospital and healthcare quality Improvement, Hospital Planning and Design
- State Programme Manager for Urban Health Programme, Chhattisgarh.
- Technical Expert – PPP for Urban Health Programme, Chhattisgarh.
- Manager – Quality Assurance at H.M.Patel Centre for Medical Care and Education, Gujarat.
- Faculty – Healthcare Management at Institute of Clinical research India (ICRI).
- Regional Manager and Consultant, Astron Hospital and Healthcare Consultant Pvt. Ltd.
- Executive – Hospital Administration, Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi.
Research & Publications:
- Raza. A, Use of CRABEL Scores to improve Quality of Medical Records Documentation in Hospitals. International Journal of Research Foundation of Hospital and Health Care Administration, 4(1):1-6 (2016).
- Raza. A, An assessment of India's development in healthcare in comparison to overall development in LMIC countries, Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 8(3), 187-193 (2016).
- Raza, A. Factors influencing patients’ choice of hospitals. International Journal for Research in Commerce and Management, 2(2), 34-39 (2012).
- Raza, A., Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. India: JAYPEE - The Health Sciences Publisher. (2016).
- Raza, A. Performance of India in Healthcare: A comparative assessment of achievements and present status since year 2000. In Proceedings of the ‘International Conference on Organization and Management (ICOM)’, Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi University. (2015).
- Raza, A. Measurement of surgical patients’ vulnerability to avoidable adverse events. In proceedings of ‘Global Healthcare Summit’, Mumbai, India: American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin. (2015).
- Raza, A. Use of CRABEL Score for improving the Quality of Medical Record documentation. In Proceedings of the International Conference for Management Practices and Research. New Delhi: Apeejay School of Management. (2014).
- Raza, A. Improving Quality Indicator. In Proceedings of the National Conference 'Pradanya' Jaipur, India: IIHMR University. (2008).
- Raza, A. Is your Hospital giving you infection? Weekender, Gomantak Times. (2014).
- Raza, A. Is your Doctor Cheating on You? Weekender, Gomantak Times. (2014).