- PhD, Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- MBA (Finance), Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan, Gujarat.
- BE (Electronics & Telecommunication), North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, Maharashtra.
Dr. Samveg Patel is an Assistant Professor in the area of Finance at Goa Institute of Management. He is an engineering graduate with five years of academic and two years of corporate experience. Prior to joining GIM, he was serving as an Assistant Professor at S K Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Gandhinagar. He had completed his PhD from Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar. He has done his MBA from North Gujarat University. He was the second rank holder in entire university for MBA. He has published more than twelve research papers in various national and international journals. He has been appointed as a Reviewer Panel Member for Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd. and Cengage Learning Ind. Pvt. Ltd. He has been invited to write series articles on theme ‘Investing in Gold’ by BSE Brokers’ Forum Views Magazine.
Area of expertise:
Financial Management, Financial Markets and Services
Also teaches/ taught at:
S K Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Research and consulting area:
Financial Markets, Macro Economics
- He has worked as an Assistant Professor at S K Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- He was a Senior Marketing Executive at Amtech Electronics India Ltd., Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- He has also worked as PCB Designing Engineer at Euro Print India Ltd., Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Research & Publications:
- Patel, S., ADRs and underlying stock returns: Empirical evidence from India. AI & SOCIETY, 29(3), 299-310, (2014).
- Patel, S., & Mallikarjun, M., Settlement cycle and day of the week anomaly: Empirical evidence from Indian stock market Decision, 41(3), 327-337, (2014).
- Patel, S., Relationship between Spot and Future Market Return: A Case of S&P CNX Nifty. BVIMR - Management Edge, 6(1), (2014).
- Patel, S., Causal and Cointegration Analysis of Indian and Selected Asian Stock Markets. Drishtikon: A Management Journal, 5(1), 37-52, (2014).
- Patel, S., Foreign Institutional Investment and Stock Market Returns: Evidence from Indian Capital Market. IIMS Journal of Management Science, 4(2), 143-151, (2013).
- Patel, S., Dynamic Interdependence among Asian Equity Markets-Empirical Evidence from India. Journal of Management Research, 13(4), 219-228, (2013).
- Patel, S., Gold as a Strategic Prophecy against Inflation and Exchange Rate. Business Perspective and Research, 11(1), 59-68, (2013).
- Patel, S., Dynamic Linkages between Foreign Institutional Investment and Indian Stock Market. Nirma University Journal of Business and Management Studies, 7(3&4), 53-67, (2013).
- Patel, S., Dynamic Linkages of Developed Equity Markets with Indian Stock Market. Vilakshan- XIMB Journal of Management, 10(1), 21-36, (2013).
- Patel, S., Causal Relationship between Stock Market Indices and Gold Price: Evidence from India. The IUP Journal of Applied Finance, 19(1), 99-109, (2013).
- Patel, S., The effect of Macroeconomic Determinants on the Performance of the Indian Stock Market. NMIMS Management Review, 22, 117-127, (2012).