Umesh S Mahtani
- B.E.- Bombay University
- PGDM (MBA) - Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- ACMA – Associate Member Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- CPA (AICPA-USA)
Umesh Mahtani has over 25 years’ experience managing the finance functions in various industries such as Manufacturing, IT, Trading and Outsourcing.
He has worked in organizations in India, Malaysia, Singapore and Nigeria. In his last position he worked in Cognizant Global Services- India where he managed the finance function for a US client.
Area of expertise:
Finance and Accounting
Cost Accounting, Project Appraisal, Financial Accounting
25+ years managing the finance and accounting department in organizations in different countries.
Research & Publications:
- Mahtani & Garg, (2018), An analysis of factors affecting financial distress of airline companies: Case of India, International journal of business excellence.
- Mahtani & Garg, (2018), An analysis of key factors of financial distress in airline companies in India using fuzzy AHP framework, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 117 (C), 87-102.
- Mahtani (2018), Analysis of related party transactions in India: a group and non-group company perspective, Corporate Ownership & Control, 15(2-1), 174-18.
- Mahtani (2018), Related Party Transactions in India and Their Impact on Reported Earnings, The Journal of Developing Areas, 53(1), 165-178.