- PhD – Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad, Gujarat.
- MBA (Finance) – B K School of Business Management, Gujarat University.
- B.E. (Electrical)- L.D.College of Engineering, Gujarat Universiy
Dr. Arpita Amarnani is a PhD in management (DD University, Nadiad), an MBA in Finance (B.K. School of Business Management, Gujarat University) and an Electrical Engineer (L.D. College of Engineering, Gujarat University). She has over seventeen years of corporate and academic experience, two of which were in the power sector with Torrent Power Ltd., Ahmedabad. She has also taught at Som-Lalit Institute of Management Studies, Ahmedabad and also at Institute of Management, Nirma University, Som-Lalit Institute of Management Studies, Ahmedabad and N,R, Institute of Business Management.
Dr. Arpita’s research interest are mainly in the area of microfinance, corporate finance and financial systems. She has worked extensively with poor women in Sabarkantha district of North Gujarat to understand the impact of microfinance on their lives. She has published papers in national journals and contributed papers to national and international conferences. Her paper, “Venture Capital as a source of funds for Microfinance Institutions” won the best paper in finance award at an International Seminar organized Institute of Management, Nirma University in 2007, Another paper of hers, ‘Business cycle synchronization between Emerging Asian Economies and the developed US economy’ won the second prize in faculty and business delegates category at an International seminar organized by Institute of Management, Nirma University in 2011.
Area of expertise:
Corporate finance, Management of Financial Services, Indian Financial System, Microfinance, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
Also teaches/ taught at:
Institute of Management, Nirma University, Som-Lalit Institute of Management Studies, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad Management Association
Research and consulting area:
Corporate Finance, Microfinance
- Assistant Professor, SomLalit Institute of Management Studies, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Lecturer, NavanitlalRanchhodlal Institute of Business Management, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- Assistant Manager, Torrent Power, Ahmedabad
Research & Publications:
- Amarnani, A., & Amarnani, N., Impact of Microfinance on poor women – Lessons from Sabarkantha – Gujarat. IIM Kozhikode Society and Management Review, 4(2), 92-105 (2015).
- Amarnani, A., Amarnani, N., & Achuthan, S., Microfinance Sector in India: Evolution and Current Challenges. Nirma University Journal of Business and Management Studies, 5(1&2), 25-45. (2010).
- Amarnani, A., & Amarnani, N., Venture Capital Funds for Microfinance in India. Nirma University Journal of Business and Management Studies, 2(3&4), 33-50. (2008).
- Patel, N., & Amarnani, A.,The effect of Globalization, Global Brands and Rural Marketing Strategies on the rural consumer. In P. Chugan & S. Pingle (Eds.), Epoch Strategies for Marketing, Family Business and Entrepreneurship (1st ed., Vol. 1, pp. 85-104). New Delhi: Excel India. (2012).
- Amarnani, A., & Jani, K., Gujarat Tractors Corporation Ltd. In C. Gopalkrishnan (Ed.), The Entrepreneur’s Choice: Cases on Family Business in India (1st ed., Vol. 1). New Delhi: Routledge India. (2012).
- Jotwani, D., & Amarnani, A., Business Cycle Synchronization of the emerging Asian Economies with the Developed US economy. In B. Mehta & N Bhatt (Eds.), Managing in Turbulent Times, Business Ecosystems & Macro Perspectives (1st ed., pp. 24-32). New Delhi: Excel India. (2011).
- Amarnani, A., & Amarnani, N., Microfranchising – Market Development with a Cause. In U. Dhar, V. Nath, & S. Nair (Eds.), New Age Marketing – Emerging Realities. New Delhi: Excel Books. (2008).
- Amarnani, A., & Amarnani, N., Venture Capital as a Source of Funds for the Microfinance Sector in India. In R. Jain, P. Gupta, & U. Dhar (Eds.), Enhancing Enterprise Competitiveness -Strategy, Operations and Finance (1st ed., Vol. 1, pp. 348-365). Ahmedabad: Allied Publishing. (2007).
- Amarnani, A, India's Emphasis on solar energy: issues and challenges in the new path, Energy Manager, (2016).