Sarat Kumar Jena
- Ph.D (IIT Kharagpur)
- M.Tech (IIT Kharagpur)
- B.Tech (CET Bhubaneswar)
Area of expertise:
Operations management, Supply Chain Management, Production planning and Inventory control, Operations Research, Business Statistics
Closed-loop supply chain, remanufacturing, Production planning and Inventory control, Business statistics, Operation research
Also teaches/ taught at:
Research and consulting area:
Green Supply chain, Closed-loop supply chain, Sustainable supply chain management, Remanufacturing
- Operations Management, Quantitative Technique, Supply Chain Management(L) at NIST , Berhampur, Odisha, 2009-2011 (4 terms)
- Minitab(T) at NIST, Berhampur, Odisha, 2009-2011 (2 terms)
- Work System Design Lab at ISE, IIT Kharagpur ( Fall 2011, 2012, Spring 2013, 2014)
Research & Publications:
- Jena, S. K., Singhal, D., Tripathy, S., Nayak, K. K., & Dash, A. (2018). Interpretive structural modelling (ISM) of obstacles hindering the remanufacturing practices in India. Procedia Manufacturing, 20, 452-457.
- Jena, S K, G. Abhijeet & Sarmah, S.P. (2017) Managing channel profit and total surplus in a closed-loop supply chain network, Journal of the Operational Research Society (Forthcoming).
- Jena, S K, S.P. Sarmah & Subhash C. Sarin, Joint-advertising for collection of returned products in a closed loop supply chain under uncertain environment, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 113, 305-322. (2017).
- Jena, S K, S.P. Sarmah & S. Padhi, Impact of government incentive on price competition of closed-loop supply chain systems, INFOR Information Systems and Operational Research, 1-33 (2017).
- Jena, S K and Jog D, Price competition in a tourism supply chain, Tourism Economics, 23(6), 1235 - 1254 (2016).
- Jena,S.K and Sarmah,S.P. Future Aspect of Acquisition Management in Closed-Loop Supply Chain, International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, 9(4), 266-276 (2016).
- Jena, S., & Sarmah, S. Price and service co-opetiton under uncertain demand and condition of used items in a remanufacturing system. International Journal of Production Economics, 173, 1-21, (2016).
- Jena, S.K., & Sarmah, S., Measurement of consumers' return intention index towards returning the used products. Journal of Cleaner Production. (2015).
- Jena, S.K., & Sarmah, S., Price competition and co-operation in a duopoly closed-loop supply chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 146(1), 346-360. (2014).
- Padhi, S., Jena, S.K., Zanger, I., & Kapil, K., Evolving readiness index for overhauling the retailing sector through retailing process reengineering implementation. Business Process Mgmt Journal Business Process Management Journal, 20(6), 844-864.) (2014).
- Jena, S.K., & Sarmah, S., Optimal acquisition price management in a remanufacturing system. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, 7(1), 154-170. (2013).
- Chattopadhyay, S., Rabhi, A., Bhanjachaudhuri, S., & Jena, S.K., Mining Important Symptoms of Adult Depression. International Journal of Computer Applications, 57(5), 5–9-5–9. (2012).
- Jena, S.K., & Padhi, S., Identification of bottlenecks to improve equipment availability: A case study. IJDATS International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, 3(1), 105-116. (2011).
- Jena, S.K. and Sarmah, S.P. (2016) Modelling closed-loop supply chain considering government participation, 27th Annual POMS Conference, May 6 -9 Orlando, FL
- Jena,S.K. and Sarmah, S.P. (2016) Impact of the advertising on closed-loop supply chain profit under uncertain demand and return of used items. International Conference on E-Business and Supply Chain Competitiveness (EBSCC 2016), Feb 12-14.
- Jena, S.K. (2016) Modeling Closed-Loop Supply Chain for End-of-Use Product, 12th International Conference of Industrial Engineering (ICIE 2016), Teheran, Iran, Kharazmi University, Jan 25 – 26.
- Jena, S.K. and Sarmah, S.P. (2015) Advertising in remanufacturing systems under uncertain environment, Annual International Conference of The Society of Operations Management (SOM), IIM Calcutta, Dec 11 – 13.
- Jena, S.K.(2016) Modeling remanufacturing systems considering government incentives under price competition. 9th Indian Subcontinent Decision Sciences institute (ISDSI) Conference, 2- 4th January , GIM, Goa.
- Jena, S.K. and Sarmah, S.P. (2013) “Coordination and competition in a closed-loop supply chain”. Global Supply Chain Management and Emerging Markets, Academic Reference Series, BLOOMSBURY INDIA, pp 587 – 598.
- Jena, S.K., & Sarmah, S., Coordination and Competition in a Closed-Loop Supply Chain. In Proceedings of the International Conference of Production and Operations Management Society. Singapore: POMS. (2014).
- Jena, S.K., & Sarmah, S., Channel Coordination in Closed-Loop Supply Chain. In Proceedings of the 17th Annual International Conference of The Society of Operations Management. Madras: IIT Madras. (2013).
- Jena, S.K., & Sarmah, S. Coordination and Cooperation in a Closed-loop Supply Chain. In Proceedings of the International Conference in Supply Chain and Logistics Management. New Delhi: BIMTECH. (2013).
- Jena, S.K., Patnaik, S., & Pandey, P.K., Determinants of physicians A Study of Marketing Efforts in Selected Pharmaceutical Companies. In Proceedings of the International Conference in Marketing in Emerging Economies. Ahmedabad: IIMA. (2011).