- Ph.D (IIT Kharagpur)
- PGDM (HR)
- M.A (Pol. Sc)
Vartika Dutta earned her Ph.D. in Management from IIT Kharagpur. Her thesis was in the domain of educational leadership in Indian context. She comes with a rich experience in training, research and consulting and has held major positions in the training and development vertical of reputed financial and skill development firms. Her research interests include organizational and educational leadership, behavioral psychology, cross cultural communication and virtual learning environments. She has research publications in refereed international journals and has also presented her work in several national and international conferences.
Area of expertise:
Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Educational Leadership, Social data analysis
Also teaches/ taught at:
Asia Pacific Institute of Management, Jasola, New Delhi
- All India Asian Educational Foundation, New Delhi - Head, Training and Content Development
- CitiFinancial Consumer Finance India Ltd, New Delhi - Training and Development Manager
- Uniline Energy System (P) Ltd, New Delhi - Executive, HR
Research & Publications:
- Dutta, V. & Sahney, S., School leadership and its impact on student achievement: The mediating role of school climate and teacher job satisfaction. International Journal of Educational Management (IJEM), 30(6), 941-958 (2016).
- Dutta, V. & Datta, B. (2011), Leadership in Organisations by Gary Yukl – A Book Review, Indore Management Journal, 2(4) ,70-73 (2011).
- Dutta, V. & Sahney, S., School leadership and its impact on student achievement: The role of mediators, in Harish Chaudhry (Ed.) Excellence in School Education VI: High achieving schools, Scholastic India Pvt. Ltd, Delhi, ISBN 978-93-5534-661-6, 150-160. (2015).
- Dutta, V. & Sahney, S., School leadership in Indian secondary schools, in Harish Chaudhry (Ed.) Excellence in School Education V: Leadership and Values, New Delhi: Scholastic India Pvt. Ltd, ISBN 978-93-5103-661-6, pp. 161-177. (2014).
- Dutta, V. (2010), HR Outsourcing theory and practice, in Saritprava Das and Bharati Deshpande (Eds.) Human resource management in the new economy, Navi Mumbai : Institute for Technology and Management, New Delhi : Excel Books, ISBN 978-81-7446826-0, 288-299. (2010).
- Dutta, V., School Leadership and its effect on Student Achievement: The mediating role of Job Performance of Teachers and School Climate, Proceedings of the 29th International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement (ICSEI 2016), Glasgow, Scotland, U K. (2016).
- Dutta, V. & Sahney, S., School leadership and its impact on student achievement: The role of job performance and school climate, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Excellence in School Education, IIT Delhi. (2015).
- Dutta, V. & Sahney, S., Principal Leadership and student achievement in Indian secondary schools: A mediated-effects model, Proceedings of the 28th International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement (ICSEI 2015), Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. (2015).
- Dutta, V. & Sahney, S., School leadership and its impact on student achievement: The role of mediators, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Excellence in School Education, IIT Delhi. (2014).
- Dutta, V. & Sahney, S., Work behaviour of teachers and student learning outcomes: Impact of antecedents, moderators and mediators, in Proceedings of 6th IIMA Doctoral Colloquium, IIM Ahmedabad. (2013).
- Dutta, V., HR Outsourcing – Issues & Challenges, 5th National HR Conference, ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai (2008).