- BE (Mech) (VNIT)
- PGDM (IIM-A)
- Ph D (Mumbai)
- FIE (I)
- D. Lit. (Hon)
Anand Teltumbde has worked for more than 35 years in oil industry encompassing entire value chain. He has headed many functions such as Corporate Planning, Engineering & Projects, Supply and Distribution, Information Systems and many new strategic initiatives, such as implementation of ERP and foray of BPCL in Upstream. He pioneered many innovative systems and was awarded numerous awards by various industry forums. He also worked on various industry committees and was a member of the first Study Group for deregulation of Oil Industry in 1994-95. He also handled many assignments abroad and worked as Managing Director, National Oil & Chemicals Company, Lagos, Nigeria during its post-privatization turnaround, Project Manager, East Africa Pipeline Project of Kenya Pipeline Company, Nairobi and consultant to CNPC, China. He had been visiting faculty to many management institutions in Mumbai and IIM, Ahmadabad over 25 years. Before entering full time academics, he was Managing Director and CEO of Petronet India Limited and member of the Board of a few other companies. He worked as faculty in Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM), IIT, Kharagpur for the last five years, teaching Strategy, Operations management, Information Systems, Supply Chain Analytics, Project Management, etc. Besides, he has contributed numerous articles and papers to most English newspapers, magazines and journals such as Economic and Political Weekly commenting on public policy and socio-political issues.
Area of expertise:
Strategy, Productions and Operations, Project management, and Business Analytics
Research & Publications:
- A framework of evaluating ERP projects. International Journal of Production Research 38, pp. 4507–4520.
- India’s Democratic Transition: Dividend or a Disaster?, The Indian Economic Review, vol. VII, 31 March 2010, pp, 12-19.
- Entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs in Corporations, Vikalpa • vol. 31 • no 1 • January - March 2006, 129-32.
- Portfolio of multi-locational projects in EM Dar-El, R Karni and YT Herer, Global Frontiers in Manufacturing, Freund Publishing, London, 1995, 556-58.
- Do the discrete performance standards really serve the project control in EM Dar-El, R Karni and YT Herer, Global Frontiers in Manufacturing, Freund Publishing, London, 1995, 559-61.
- A framework for implementation process for an organizational change through MS intervention in Ahmet F Ozok and Gavriel Salvendy (Ed), Advances in Applied Ergonomics, USA Publishers, Istanbul, 1996, 31-34.
- Modular WBS for cost control in multi-project organization in R Grubbstrom (Ed.), Proceedings of the 14th ICPR, Osaka Institute of Technology, Osaka, Vol I, 1997, 10-13.
- A control system framework for portfolios of multi-locational projects in R Grubbstrom (Ed.), Proceedings o the 14th ICPR, Osaka Institute of Technology & Elsevier, Osaka, Vol I, 1997, 14-17.
- Creating a learning project organization: a methodological approach in Antoni Creus Sole (Ed.), Ingeniena de Proyectos, Universitat Politechnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, 1996, 26-32.
- Project control with forward planning in Pentii Seppala (Ed) From experience to innovation: Organization Design and Management, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, 1997, 124-6.
- Design of a behavioural comparator for the process control model in Pentii Seppala (Ed) From experience to innovation: Organization Design and Management, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, 1997, 400-02.
- Managing cross cultural differences in international projects, 27 Annual Seminar/Symposium, Project management Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, Oct 7-9, 1997.
- A framework for evaluating ERP projects, in MT Hillery and HJ Lewis (Ed.), Manufacturing for a Global Market, University of Limerick, Limerick, 1999, 725-8.
- An approach for controlling IT/IS projects, in MT Hillery and HJ Lewis (Ed.), Manufacturing for a Global Market, University of Limerick, Limerick, 1999, 1179-82.
- The relationship between corporate entrepreneurship and strategic management, SMJ, 1999, 19:421:444.
- Risk analysis and management in projects portfolio situation, in A Mital (Ed.), Proc. of 9th International Conf. on Production Research, Vol.1, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 1987, 619-625.
- Project management information control system in a multi-project organisation, Proc. of the 37th Computers & Industrial Engineering, Alexiandria, Egypt, 2007, 37-41.
- A cybernetic system for high goal performance: An experiment with organization design, Proc. of 9th Asia Pacific Management Conference, Osaka, Japan, Vol. 1, 2003, 531-540.
- On the efficiency of internal and external corporate control mechanism, in S. Osaki, (ed.), Proc. of International Conference on Applied Stochastic System Modeling, Kyoto, Japan, 2000, 196-205.
- Enterprise modeling: American Society of Cybernetics, Fall, 1998,109.
Books and Book Chapters
Authored more than 20 books and contributed more than 70 chapters to books authored by others on various topics of public interest.