- Ph.D. (IIT Roorkee)
- MBA (Finance)
Dr. Monika is an academician and researcher in the area of Finance, has worked extensively on the Venture Capitalists' investment decision-making process. She is doctorate from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee and MBA in Finance from Guru Jambeshwar University of Science & Technology. Her academic and research interests include Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Venture Capital and Private Equity. She has also worked as a Teaching Associate in NPTEL online course. She has published various research papers in the international journals of repute and presented papers at national and international conferences. She has also received the ‘Best Paper Award' for her paper presented in an international conference in Thailand. She is a member of American Accounting Association (AAA).
Area of expertise:
Finance and Accounting, Venture Capital and Private Equity
Also teaches/ taught at:
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
Research & Publications:
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). Identification and prioritization of critical factors of venture capitalists' investment decision-making process: An analytical hierarchal process (AHP) approach, Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Emerald publications, 23 (4), pp. 964 - 983. Emerald publications (ABDC indexed).
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Integration of factors affecting Venture Capitalists' investment decision: An Interpretive structural modeling (ISM) approach, International journal of management and decision-making, 15(1), 38-52. Inderscience (ABDC indexed).
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Using interpretive structural modeling in venture capitalists' investment decision-making process, Decision, 43(1), 53-65. Springer publishers (Ebsco indexed) DOI 10.1007/s40622-015-0106-0
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Impact of Global Financial Crisis on Indian Venture Capital Firms: An Empirical Evaluation. Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, 8(4), 330-345. Inderscience publishers (ABDC indexed).
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2014). Venture Capitalists' Investment Decision Criteria for New Ventures: A Review. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Elsevier, 189(2015), 465-470.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Application of Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchal Process in Multi-Criteria Decision-Making of Venture Capitalists. (ABDC indexed). (Under review).
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2017) Application of Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchal Process in Multi-Criteria Decision-Making of Venture Capitalists, International Congress on Economy, Finance, and Business (ICEFB 2017), Osaka, Japan.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). Venture capital: A literature review and synthesis, International conference on financial markets and corporate finance (ICFMCF-2016), IIT Madras, August 12 th -13 th , 2016.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). Determinants of venture capital: A venture capitalists and entrepreneur's perspective. Full paper in conference proceeding (ISBN: 978- 974-231- 893-2) of NIDA International Business Conference 2016 - Sustainability in business, Bangkok, Thailand, 12 th March 2016. (Best Paper Award).
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). A comparative analysis of venture capitalists and entrepreneurs towards venture capital funding, MDC & VRS 2016, VGSOM IIT Kharagpur, February 11 th -12 th , 2016.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Determinants of venture capital: An entrepreneur's finance, 3rd PAN-IIM World Management Conference, IIM Indore, December 16th - 18th, 2015.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Inferring Prevalence and Trends of Venture Capital in India. Full Paper on CD (ISBN No. 978-81- 929149-2- 3.) of Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets, MDI Gurgaon, March 11 th - 13 th , 2015.
- Sharma, A.K. and Dhochak, M. (2015). Venture Capital: An innovative source of financing business. Full Paper on CD (ISSN No. 2094-506X) of The 16th International Society for Business Innovation and Technology Management Conference, ISBITM Bali, Indonesia, January 24 th - 26 th , 2015, pp. 1415-1430.
- Bansal, N. Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2014). Agency costs and corporate governance mechanisms in Indian Corporate Sector: An empirical evaluation. Full Paper on CD of the 6 th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education, IIM Indore, May 8 th -11 th , 2014.