- M.Tech, IIT Bombay
- FPM MDI Gurgaon
Devasheesh Mathur is a Senior Lecturer in Healthcare Management with valuable experiences at Think Tanks and Startups. He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay where he conducted research on medical implants and biomaterials. His doctoral research is titled ‘Radical Innovations in Health Policies in India: an Exploration of their Successful Diffusion'. Through his research, he has come up with a theoretical model and a strategy framework to facilitate more and more innovations and transformative changes in Indian public health systems. He has published research papers in reputed international refereed journals and has also presented his research at the London School of Economics, Humboldt University, Germany and National University of Singapore among others while becoming a part of a global network of public health experts from various sectors-academias, governments, industries and civil society. He is a member of Association of Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM), International Public Policy Association (IPPA) and Asia-Pacific Public Policy Network (AP-PPN).
Area of expertise:
Public Health, Public Service Innovations.
Also teaches/ taught at:
Research & Publications:
- Mathur, D. and Gupta R.K. (2018) Policy Innovations in India: An Exploration of Conditions for Successful Diffusion. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management (Accepted for Publication)
- Mathur, D. and Tapasvi S.K. (2018) Peeping into Career Bureaucrats' mind: What do they make of Policy Innovation? An Empirical Study to Capture the Types of Innovative Bureaucrats using Q-method. Journal of Management Research (Accepted for Publication)
- Mathur, D. (2017). Creating a Strategy Framework for Successful Diffusion of Policy Innovation for Public Managers. Public Affairs and Governance, 5(2), 166-179.
- Mathur, D. and Tapasvi, S.K. Theory of Radical Innovation in Public Health Services in India using Grounded Theory Method, Public Service Innovation Conference, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (Nov 2017).
- Mathur, D. Peeping into Career Bureaucrats' mind: What do they make of innovation in public management, 3rd International Conference on Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore (Jun 2017).
- Mathur, D. and Gupta R.K. Innovation in Policy-Making: Developing a Framework to Innovate Using a Grounded Theory Approach, APPAM 2016 International Conference, London School of Economics, London, UK (Jun 2016).
- Mathur, D. Social Entrepreneurship and Co-Construction: Case Study of a Mobile Application Enabling Co-Construction of Public Services, IAPSS World Congress, Institute of Social Science, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany (Apr 2016).
- Mathur, D. Policy Innovation and its Determinants: A Literature Review, 17TH International Conference on Public Policy and Social Sciences, ICPPS, Paris (Jun 2015).
- Rethinking Healthcare in India, Financial Express (Jan 16, 2017).
- Perpetually Revolving Doors, Financial Express (Jun 23, 2017)