- B.Tech, IIT Bombay
- M.Tech, IIT Bombay
- FPM, MDI Gurgaon
Devasheesh Mathur is a Senior Lecturer in Healthcare Management with valuable experiences at Think Tanks and Startups. He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay where he conducted research on medical implants and biomaterials. His doctoral research is titled ‘Radical Innovations in Health Policies in India: an Exploration of their Successful Diffusion'. Through his research, he has come up with a theoretical model and a strategy framework to facilitate more and more innovations and transformative changes in Indian public health systems. He has published research papers in reputed international refereed journals and has also presented his research at the London School of Economics, Humboldt University, Germany and National University of Singapore among others while becoming a part of a global network of public health experts from various sectors-academias, governments, industries and civil society. He is a member of Association of Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM), International Public Policy Association (IPPA) and Asia-Pacific Public Policy Network (AP-PPN).
Area of expertise:
Public Health, Public Service Innovations, Policy Analysis and Social Entrepreneurship
Also teaches/ taught at:
MDI Gurgaon, TAPMI
Research & Publications:
- Mathur, D., & Gupta, R. K. (2018). Policy innovations in India: an exploration of their successful diffusion. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 17(2), 151-168.
- Mathur, D., & Tapasvi, S. K. (2018). Policy Innovators in Indian Bureaucracy. Journal of Management Research, 18(2), 102-113.
- Mathur, D. (2017). Creating a Strategy Framework for Successful Diffusion of Policy Innovation for Public Managers. Public Affairs and Governance, 5(2), 166-179.
- Mathur, D. The Strategy to Successfully Innovate in Public Health Programs, 9th International Conference on Health, Wellness & Society, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Mathur, D. and Tapasvi, S.K. Theory of Radical Innovation in Public Health Services in India using Grounded Theory Method, Public Service Innovation Conference, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (Nov 2017).
- Mathur, D. Peeping into Career Bureaucrats' mind: What do they make of innovation in public management, 3rd International Conference on Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore (Jun 2017).
- Mathur, D. and Gupta R.K. Innovation in Policy-Making: Developing a Framework to Innovate Using a Grounded Theory Approach, APPAM 2016 International Conference, London School of Economics, London, UK (Jun 2016).
- Mathur, D. Social Entrepreneurship and Co-Construction: Case Study of a Mobile Application Enabling Co-Construction of Public Services, IAPSS World Congress, Institute of Social Science, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany (Apr 2016).
- Mathur, D. Policy Innovation and its Determinants: A Literature Review, 17TH International Conference on Public Policy and Social Sciences, ICPPS, Paris (Jun 2015).
- An Assessment of the Trust and Insurance Model of Healthcare Purchasing under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) through a Case Study of Two States by National Health Agency and World Health Organization as a Co-Investigator.
- An Assessment of Integration of Government Health Schemes in Assam funded by World Health Organization as a Co-Investigator.
- When Would Public Health's Health Improve, Rajasthan Patrika (Jul 03, 2019)
- What Would Change Due to Corona in the World, Rajasthan Patrika (Mar 24, 2020)
- Health Manifesto for Elections, Financial Express (Apr 09, 2019)
- Rethinking Healthcare in India, Financial Express (Jan 16, 2017).
- Perpetually Revolving Doors, Financial Express (Jun 23, 2017)