Kheya Melo Furtado
- PhD Health Sciences
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
Kheya Furtado joined the Goa Institute of Management's Healthcare Management programme as Assistant Professor in February 2018. Her areas of interest are Health Systems and Public Health. Prior to GIM, she served at the Health Division of the NITI Aayog, Government of India. Her doctoral research was carried out under the INSPIRE fellowship award of the Department of Science and Technology.
Area of expertise:
Public Health, Health systems
Also teaches/ taught at:
Interdisciplinary School of Health Sciences, University of Pune
Research & Publications:
- Assessment of Healthcare Purchasing under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana- Trust and Insurance Model. Funded by WHO Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research and conducted for the National Health Authority, Government of India (2019). (Principal Investigator, completed)
- Harmonization of purchasing functions under health financing and insurance schemes of the Assam state. Funded by World Health Organization and conducted for the Government of Assam (2019-2020) (Co-investigator, ongoing)
- Furtado KM, Raza A, Mathur D, Vaz N. (2020) Assessing the Trust and Insurance model of Healthcare Purchasing under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana: early insights from two States. Working Paper. Available at https://pmjay.gov.in/sites/default/files/2020-02/WP_GIM_study_3.pdf
- Kumar A, Furtado KM et al. The Malady in Healthcare: Agenda for Action. In: Debroy B, Desai KA, ed. On the Trail of the Black. New Delhi: Rupa Publications; 2017.
- Jain N, Kumar A, Nandraj S, Furtado KM. (2015) NSSO 71st Round: Same Data, Multiple Interpretations. Economic and Political Weekly 50(46-47): 84-87
- Furtado KM, Kar A. (2014) Health resources in a 200,000 urban Indian population argues the need for a policy on private sector health services. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 39:98-102