Vilasini Devi Nair
- PhD- Health Economics (TISS, Mumbai).
- Fellowship in Health Care Financing-ASCEND, Monash University Australia.
- PG Diploma in Health Economics- PHFI, New Delhi.
- Masters in Hospital Administration: M.G University, Kerala.
- Medical graduation: Kerala University.
Dr. Vilasini Devi Nair, Joined as Asst.professor in Health Economics in Goa institute of management in 2019.She was working as Asst.professor in Health Economics Policy and Management Department of Jimma University, Ethiopia under UNDP capacity development scheme from 2004-2019. She worked as lecturer in School of Medical Education, MG University, Kerala, 2002-2004. She was selected for 18 months fellowship program in Health Care Financing of Noncommunicable Diseases funded by NIH-US through Monash University Australia in 2012. Dr. Devi selected with full scholarship for Health Economics program of PHFI, New Delhi and she received Young researcher's Grand award in Health Policy and System Research by AHPSR, WHO in 2008.She attended training programs in Economic Evaluation Techniques, Health System Research methods, Econometric Evaluation in Health etc. by Oslo University, Sweden and presented papers in 20 international conferences of Health Systems Research.
Area of expertise:
Health Economics, Hospital Management, Health Systems Research.
- 18 years in postgraduate level teaching and research guidance.
Research & Publications:
- Dr.Devi Nair, Kora Tushune, Morankar Sudhakar, and Chalijira: Private hospital sector development: an exploratory study on provider's perspective in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Ethiopian journal of health sciences, special issue, volume 21, August 2011.
- Dr.Devi Nair, Kora Tushune, Role of user fees in Ethiopian health sector: a case study of Jimma University: International Journal of research in Commerce, Economics& Management, volume no.2, 2011 July.
- Devi Nair, Kora Tushune, Reducing health inequalities Kerala comprehensive health insurance scheme a role model for developing countries, International Journal of research in Commerce, Economics& Management, Volume no.2,issue no 2 (February 2012).
- Dr.Devi Nair, Kora Tushune, Assessment of knowledge of Health Economics among Medical professionals: A study in Jimma University Medical school, Ethiopia, education in medicine journal, Vol 5, issue 2,2013.
- Dr.Devi Nair, Kora Tushune, Towards universal coverage, Community Based Health Insurance Schemes evidence from India and Ethiopia- conference proceedings of World public health conference,2012 .Medmond publications, Italy, April 2013 page no 475-80.
- Devi Nair, Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme and Health Care Utilization: a Case Study among Insured Households in Kerala, International Journal of developmental research, Volume 4, Issue 6, Page 1201-1204, June 2014.
- Devi Nair, Determinants of Enrollment in Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme and Implementation Challenges: A Study in Kerala, South India, Health science journal, Vol 10, No 1:8, Nov 2015.
- Devi Nair, Social Determinants of non-communicable disease in Kerala, IJDR, Vol, 8,2017.
- Devi Nair, Non-communicable disease burden, Kerala, International journal of development research, Vol,10,2017.
- Introduction to Health Economics- Published by Carter Center, Ethiopia.