- PhD (Health Sciences)
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H.)
Supriya Phadnis is currently working as an assistant professor in Healthcare Management at Goa Institute of Management. She has more than 8 years of experience of working with governmental, non-governmental, international and academic organizations. Supriya has completed her Masters of Public Health from the School of Health Sciences, Savitribai Phule Pune University (formerly known as University of Pune) in 2008. She has received a doctoral degree (PhD in Health Sciences) from the School of Health Sciences, Savitribai Phule Pune University. Her areas of interest are Birth Defects Management, Urban Healthcare Structure and Health Policy and Planning.
Area of expertise:
Research Methods and Designs, Healthcare system structure, Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis.
Research & Publications:
- Phadnis S, Kar A. The impact of a haemophilia education intervention on the knowledge and health related quality of life of parents of Indian children with haemophilia. Haemophilia. 2017; 23:82-8.
- Dharmarajan, S., Phadnis S., Gund, P. and Kar, A, Out-of-pocket and catastrophic expenditure on treatment of haemophilia by Indian families. Haemophilia 2014, 20: 382-387.
- Kar A., Phadnis S., Dharmarajan S. and Nakade J. Epidemiology and social costs of Hemophilia in India. Indian J Med Res 2014; pp 19-31.
- Dharmarajan S., Gund P., Phadnis S., Lohade S., Lalwani A., Kar A. Treatment decisions and usage of clotting factor concentrate by a cohort of Indian haemophilia patients. Haemophilia 2012; 1
- Phadnis S, Kar A. Quality of life of parents of children with haemophilia, a genetic disorder. Paper presented at: Pregnancy loss, birth defects and genetic disorders in India: Epidemiology, social costs, health systems needs, Pune Public Health Conference 2013, Pune, India, 11th and12th February 2013. Abstract # 14, 27.
- Phadnis S, Kar A. Needs assessment and quality of life of parents of patients with haemophilia. Poster session presented at: Pregnancy loss, birth defects and genetic disorders in India: Epidemiology, social costs, health systems needs, Pune Public Health Conference 2013, Pune, India, 11th and12th February 2013. Abstract # D-4, 2013, 64
- Kar A , Dharmarjan S , Phadnis S, Nakade J. Evidence for Mobilizing Policy on Hemophilia in India: II. An Estimate of Treatment Gap in Maharashtra. Abstracts of the XXX International Congress of the World Federation of Hemophilia, Abstract #PO-MO- 046, 2012, Abstracts. Haemophilia, 18: 1-208