- Ph.D (IIM Indore)
- B.Tech (WBUT)
Tuhin Sengupta is a Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Technology and Operations Management area at Goa Institute of Management. He has completed his Ph.D. degree from Indian Institute of Management Indore. He received his Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology. Prior to joining IIM Indore, he worked in Larsen & Toubro for two years in the Construction division. His research interests include supply chain management, business model innovation, digitization, social sustainability and renewable energy policy.
Awards / Recognition / Research Grants
Research Grant (2400 GBP) - ULMS Pump Priming Grant Awarded by University of Liverpool
Topic: Access-Based Business Model for Tackling Institutional Voids in Subsistence Markets - A Case Study of Water Shop Concept in India
Role: Co-Principal Investigator for the project to Prof. Gopalakrishnan Narayanamurthy (Principal Investigator, University of Liverpool, UK) and Prof Roger Moser (Co-Principal Investigator, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland)
Finalist, PTC/ITC International Impactful Collaboration Award, Academy of Management
Topic: Access Based Services for the Base of the Pyramid Population in India and Timor-Leste
Role: Academic Collaborator for the project to Prof. Roger Moser (Principal Investigator, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland) and Prof. Gopalakrishnan Narayanamurthy (Co-Principal Investigator, University of Liverpool, UK)
Finalist, Anubhav Case Competition, National Human Resources Development Network, India.
Topic: Providing Access to Drinking Water in Remote Areas: Trunz Water Systems (TWS) in India
Role: Co-Author for the project with Prof. Gopalakrishnan Narayanamurthy (University of Liverpool, UK) and Prof. Roger Moser (University of St. Gallen, Switzerland)
Case Writing Certification Program Mentor for the CASE Association (Affiliate of NACRA), USA
Area of expertise:
Optimization, Game Theory, Supply Chain Management, Case Based Research in Supply Chains
Research & Publications:
- Narayanamurthy, G., Sengupta, T., Pati, R.K., Gupta, V., Gurumurthy, A., and Mani, V (2020). Assessment of Systemic Greenness: A Case Study of Tyre Manufacturing Unit. Production Planning & Control.
- Sinha, A., Sengupta, T., and Alvarado, R. (2020). Interplay between technological innovation and environmental quality: Formulating the SDG policies for next 11 economies. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Sengupta, T., Narayanamurthy, G., Moser, R., and Hota, P.K. (2019). Sharing App for Farm Mechanization: Gold Farm's Digitized Access Based Solution for Financially Constrained Farmers. Computers in Industry.
- Sinha, A., Gupta, M., Shahbaz, M., and Sengupta, T. (2019). Impact of Corruption in Public Sector on Environmental Quality: Implications for Sustainability in BRICS and Next 11 Countries. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Wiprächtiger, D., Narayanamurthy, G., Moser, R., and Sengupta, T. (2019). Access-Based Business Model Innovation in Frontier Markets: Case Study of Shared Mobility in Timor-Leste. Technological Forecasting & Social Change.
- Sinha, A., Shahbaz, M., and Sengupta, T. (2018). Renewable Energy Policies and Contradictions in Causality: A case of Next 11 Countries. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Sengupta, T., and Ghosh, A. (2018). CropIn Technology Solutions: Farm Management through Digitization. Ivey Publishing, Canada (Product Number: 9B18E018), Indexed in Harvard Business Review (Product Number: W18769-PDF-ENG).
- Sengupta, T., and Ghosh, A. (2018). Jigsaw Academy: Outreaching the Analytics Market. The Case Journal, Vol 14, Issue 3.
- Roy, S.N., and Sengupta, T. (2018). Indian PharmaChem: A Resource Allocation Peccadillo. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Volume 8, Issue 1.
- Pandey, P., and Sengupta, T. (2018). Gokuldhaam Society: A Case on Transportation Planning. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Volume 8, Issue 1.
- Pratik, S., and Sengupta, T. (2017). Credit Guarantee Corporation: Accommodating an Expansion Strategy. Ivey Publishing, Canada (Product Number: 9B17M177), Indexed in Harvard Business Review (Product Number: W17762-PDF-ENG).
- Sengupta, T., Sanyal, P., and Kakkar, V. (2016). Kreative Works: Extending the Boundaries. Ivey Publishing, Canada (Product Number: 9B16M210), Indexed in Harvard Business Review (Product Number: W16830-PDF-ENG)
- Roy, S.N., and Sengupta, T. (2020). Impact of IoT on the Healthcare Producers: Epitomizing Pharmaceutical Drug Delivery Process. In P. Raj, J.M. Chatterjee, A. Kumar, B. Balamurugan (Eds.), Internet of Things Use Cases for the Healthcare Industry. Springer Nature Switzerland AG.
- Ghosh, A., Sengupta, T. and Srivastava, A.K. (2020). A Case Study on ERP Implementation in Higher Education. In M. Khosrow-Pour (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Organizational Knowledge, Administration, and Technologies. USA: IGI Global.
- Sengupta, T., and Shukla, S. (2019). Business Model Innovation in Sustainable Procurement: A Case Study on Organic Farming in India. In S.K. Mangla, S Luthra (Eds.), Sustainability, Innovation and Procurement. CRC Press: Taylor & Francis Book.
- Sengupta, T., and Shukla, S. (2019). Conceptual Framework in Sustainable Procurement: SDG's Focused Content Analysis Approach. In S.K. Mangla, S Luthra, S.K. Jakhar, A Kumar, N.P. Rana (Eds.), Sustainable Procurement in Supply Chain Operations. CRC Press: Taylor & Francis Book.
- Pandey, P., and Sengupta, T. (2017). Vehicular Traffic Forecasting in Filling Station. In R Sahu, M Dash & A Kumar (Eds.), Applying Predictive Analytics within the service sector (pp. 280). USA: IGI Global. ISBN: 978-1-5225-2148-8.