- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Economics on ‘Human Development in Rajasthan: The Education Challenge’, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer (2005).
- FDPM, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad 2008.
- M. A. (Economics), Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer (1999) First position in University, Gold Medal.
- Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication, Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Kota (2006).
- Certificate in Women Empowerment and Development (CWED), IGNOU.
- Passed NET Examination, July 2000- Certificate no: A 000583(Conducted by UGC).
- Passed SLET Examination, 1999 (conducted by RPSC, Ajmer).
- Successfully completed Intec UK Auditor/Lead Auditor Training (IRCA, UK certified course).
Dr. Divya Singhal is Associate Professor in the area of General Management at GIM. She joined GIM in the year 2006. She has four years journalism experience and almost four years teaching experience prior to GIM. She was a Doctoral Fellow, ICSSR Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and was a recipient of President Guide Award (It is a National Level Award and the certificate signed by Hon’ble President of India.) She currently teaches subjects -Business Research Methods and Lyrics & Management. Her research interests have been in the areas of human development, gender issues, socioeconomics, governance, education, quality management etc. She is a member of Centre for Social Sensitivity and Action (CSSA) at GIM. Dr. Singhal is a member Representative (since August 2006) on “Social Responsibility Sectional Committee, MSD 10” formed by the “Bureau of Indian Standards”, which is a national standards body and national representative member of ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
Area of expertise:
Quality Management, Economics
TQM, Quality Management and Marketing Research
Research and consulting area:
Human Development, Gender Issues, Quality Management Systems
- She has worked in academic institutions & print media for about 8 years before joining GIM.
- Worked as Proctor for American Society for Quality (ASQ).
Research & Publications:
- Singhal, D. & Padhmanabhan, V. Relevance of Oral Comprehensive Exams in B-School Environment. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies, 4(3). (2017).
- Singhal, D. & Rodrigues. S, Music Placement in Indian Television Advertisements. International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, 6(3), 116-129 (2017).
- Singhal, D. & Padhmanabhan, V., Innovation in Management: Challenges and the Road Ahead. International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy, 6(2), (2017).
- Hsuan-Yi Chou & Singhal, D, Nostalgia Advertising and Young Indian Consumers: The Power of Old Songs, Asia Pacific Management Review (2017).
- Singhal, D. & Padhmanabhan, V., Understanding Student- Centered Learning and Philosophies of Teaching Practices. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 5(2), 5123-5129, (2017).
- Singhal, D. Women Empowerment through Social Initiatives: An Indian Story. DLSU Business & Economics Review, 35-44. (2014).
- Swamy, R., Singhal, D., & Sahu, A. Towards Inculcating Social Responsibility among Future Managers: GiveGoa Initiative. Management in Government, 47(2), 1-8. (2014).
- Singhal, D. Strengthening the Synergy between Teaching and Research. The Online Journal of New Horizons in Education, 3(4), 82-88. Retrieved from http://www.tojned.net/volume/tojned-volume03-i04.pdf (2013).
- Singhal, D. Total Quality Management: Concepts and Philosophy. Management Guru: Journal of Management Research. (2013).
- Singhal, D. & Andrade, F., Status of health of women in Goa. Management in Government: 49-63. (2013).
- Singhal, D. Towards achieving Education for all: Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and its progress in Goa. Management in Government, Journal of Administrative Reforms. (2012).
- Singhal, D. Social Responsibility: Dawn of a New Era. Management in Government, Govt of India, 43(1). (2011).
- Singhal, D. Goa Experiments with an Innovative approach in Health Sector. Management in Government, Govt of India, 42(2). (2010).
- Singhal, D. Increasing the Power of your QMS- Achieve Performance Excellence through Continual Improvement. Management in Government, 41(3). (2009).
- Singhal, D. Inclination of Youth Towards Social Networking Sites: A Three Nation Exploration. Abhigyan - FORE Journal, 27(1). (2009).
- Singhal, D. Towards Sustainable Business ISO and Social Responsibility. National Productivity Council of India. (2008).
- Singhal, D. A Study on Customer Perception Towards Internet Banking: Identifying Major Contributing Factors. Journal of Nepalese Business Studies, 5. (2008).
- Singhal, D. Dynamics of Diversity in Higher Education: Identifying Major Contributing Factors. Journal of Nepalese Business Studies, 5. (2008).
- Singhal, D. Dynamics of Diversity in Higher Education: Impact Assessment of Campus Diversity Initiative. The International Journal of Learning, 14(1). (2007).
- Singh, M., & Singhal, D. Process Management Systems and CSR: Emerging Trends in Business. Abhigyan: The Journal of FORE, 24(3), 64-73. (2006).
- Singhal, D. Balika Shikshan Shivir: An Effective Mode of Social Transformation. Yojana, 48. (2002).
- Singhal, D. Women Empowerment & Gender Equity through LOKJUMBISH. Economic Challenger, 5. (2002).
- Singhal, D., Education Entrepreneurship: Not so easy. Parts (A), (B), (C) and (D) retrieved from http://www.babson.edu/Academics/teaching-research/gvv/Pages/curriculum.aspx. (2014).
- Singhal, D., & Dias-Amborcar, Y. DIAL 108 IN AN EMERGENCY. The Asian Business Case Centre, Nanyang Business School, ABCC-2011-001. (2011).
- Singhal, D. Law of the Garbage Truck - A Tool in Positive Psychology to improve Leadership skills. Handbook of Management Cases, (2009).
- Singhal, D. Internal Quality Audit: Two Situations. ECCH, 609-026-1. (2009).
- Singhal, D. St. Stephen’s Senior Secondary School. In Cases in Business Management. New Delhi: Allied Pvt. (2006).
- Singhal, D. Quality Management in St. Stephen’s Senior Secondary School Ajmer (Rajasthan). ECCH, 606-055-1. (2006).
- Singhal, D., & Singhal, K.R. Implementing ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management System: A Reference Guide, Third Printing (second edition revised) New Delhi: Prentice Hall. (2015)
- Singhal, D., & Singhal, K.R. Implementing ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System: A Reference Guide (2nd ed., Vol. 1, p. 192). New Delhi: Prentice Hall. (2012).
- Singhal, D., & Singhal, K.R. Implementing ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System: A Reference Guide (1st ed., Vol. 1, p. 160). New Delhi: Prentice Hall. (2008).
- Singhal, D. Kyonki Mai Stree Hu (Hindi Poem Collection) (p. 34). Ajmer, Rajasthan: Krishna Brothers. (2006).
- Singhal Divya and Singhal K. R., ISO 9001:2000 Awareness- In Hindi, NCQM , Ajmer. (2002)
- Singhal, D., Abhi Chalna Baki Hai (p. 50). Ajmer, Rajasthan: Krishna Brothers. (1999).
- Härtel C. E., J., Lloyd, S., & Singhal, D. Intercultural competencies across cultures: Same or different? In M. Ozbilgin & J. Syed (Eds.), Diversity Management in Asia: A Research Companion (pp. 192 - 223). Cheltenham UK: Edward Elgar Publishing. (2010).
- Singhal, D., ISO 9001: 2000 QMS as Supply Chain Tool for Small and Medium Enterprises. Supply Chain Management for Competitiveness, 479-484. (2008).
- Singh, M., & Singhal, D., Interlinking of Indian River: A Big dream of little logic. In A. Thakur & P. Kumari (Eds.), Interlinking of Rivers in India: Cost and Benefit (pp. 204-215). New Delhi: Deep and Deep Publications. (2007).
- Singhal, D., Impact of Awareness Campaign on HIV/AIDS by ICHAP: A case study of Urs at Ajmer. In Proceedings of the YES Summit conference. Kenya. (2006).
- Singhal, D., The Role of Value Oriented Education for a Meaningful Life. In Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Operations and Quantitative Management. (2006).
- Singhal, D., Community Participation in Environment Protection. In Proceedings of national level workshop on Environment and Pollution Control: Techno Scientific and Social Perspective. Sikar: AICTE and SEC. (2004).
- Singhal, D., Towards Sustainable and Equitable Development: The Role of Women in Mountain Region. In Proceedings of National Seminar. By Anthropological Survey of India, Kolkata and DAV College, Dehradun. (2003).
- Singhal, D., Journalist Styles - Transactional Styles Inventory Journalism (TSI - J). In U. Pareek (Ed.), Training Instruments in HRD and OD (2nd ed., pp. 391-394). New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill. (2002).
- Singhal, D. & Dutta, M, Quality of Management Education. Vyaapar Expert, 2(7), (2016).
- Singhal, D., Career, Moving beyond boardrooms. Retrieved December 28, 2015, retrieved from http://www.thestatesman.com/mobi/news/108299-moving-beyond-boardrooms.html. (2015).
- Singhal, K.R. (Trans.), & Singhal, D.(Reviewer). Social Accountability 8000: Social Accountability International, Retrieved from http://www.sa intl.org/_data/n_0001/resources/live/2008StdHindi.pdf. (2012).
- Singhal, D., Statutory and Regulatory Requirements in ISO 9001:2008 QMS. Quality World. (2011).
- Singhal, D., Why this Kolaveri Di: Maddening Phenomenon of Earworm. Retrieved from http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1969781. (2011).
- Singhal, D., & Singhal, K., Top Management Role for Quality Policy. Retrieved from http://iso9001-2008awareness.blogspot.in/2011/09/top-management-role-for-quality-policy.html. (2011).
- Singhal, D., EFQM Excellence model by European Foundation for Quality Management: An Introduction. Quality World, 7. (2010).
- Singhal, D. Standards and Certification. Quality World. (2010).
- Singhal, D. Managing Risk in A Systematic Way. Quality World. (2009).
- Singhal, K., & Singhal, D. Stepwise Approach for Upgrading the Existing QMS to ISO 9001:2008 Standard. (2009).
- Singhal, D., Leading to a Meaningful Management Education: Interfacing Social Sciences and Humanities with Management Education. Napsipag Research Organization. Retrieved from http://www.napsipag-research.org/pdf/DIVYA_SINGHAL.pdf (2009).
- Singhal, D., Philip B. Crosby, a leading exponent of TQM. Quality Striving for Excellence, 6 - 7(6&1). (2009).
- Singhal, D., Report on National Convention on Right to Information: The Road Ahead. www.micci.in/word/RTI%20Report.doc. (2008).
- Singhal, D. Management Systems for Organizational Excellence- Corporate Social Responsibility. Quality- Striving for Excellence. (2008).
- Singhal, D., Status of Devolution and Functioning of Panchayats in Goa. IRMA. (2008).
- Singhal, D., Management Systems for Organizational Excellence- Corporate Social Responsibility, Quality- Striving for Excellence, 6(2). (2008).
- Singhal, D. Towards Promoting Good Practices- Organizational Accountability at the workplace. Quality- Striving for Excellence, 5(4). (2007).
- Singhal, D., ISO 14001 Environmental Management System: For better Trade and Better Environment. Productivity News, Journal of National Productivity Council of India. (2007).
- Singhal, D., Indian Standard on “Organizational Accountability at the Workplace- Requirements” IS 16001: 2007. Bureau of Indian Standards. (2007).
- Singhal, D., Implementing Quality Management Systems in Schools. Ajmer, Rajasthan: Quality Council of India, Guidance Literature. (2007).
- Singhal, D., Women and Governance at the grassroots level. IC Centre for Governance and Vadilal Gandhi Foundation. (2007).
- Singhal, D., Integrating Human Values and Social Concern with Technical Education. In Souvenir-Proceedings by The Institution of Engineers (India). Udaipur: Udaipur Local Centre. (2004).
- Singhal, D. My CDI Experience. Beyond The Margins, ERC. (2001).