M.Tech. (Artificial Intelligence) - University of Hyderabad, Ph.D. (Computer Science) - IDRBT Hyderabad (Established by RBI)
Anup Kumar Maurya
Cricket, Badminton, Table Tennis
Areas of Expertise
Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Information Security Analytics for the Internet of Things
Anup Kumar Maurya
Profile and History
Dr. Anup Kumar Maurya is presently working as an Assistant Professor at the Goa Institute of Management. He has completed his Ph.D. in the area of "Secure Wireless Sensor Networks & Internet of Things" from the Institute for Development & Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT, Established by RBI) and University of Hyderabad, India. He obtained his M.Tech. Degree in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Hyderabad. He received his Master's Degree in Computer Application from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics from DDU Gorakhpur University, India. He has completed the faculty development program (FDP) on Machine Learning with Business Applications from the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM-B). He has various research publications, including one of special mention where he got the best research paper award at the International Symposium on Security in Computing and Communication-2017, Manipal, India. He has worked on various innovative mobile banking projects of Centre for Mobile Banking in IDRBT, Hyderabad. He is a reviewer for various reputed international journals (International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, IEEE Sensors Journal, IEEE Access, and International Journal of Communication Systems). He was selected as a visiting researcher at the State University of New York at Buffalo (Centre for Unified Biometrics and Sensors), USA, and has worked there on biometric-based efficient user authentication protocols.
Courses taught: Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing & Cyber Security, Data Mining
- Maurya, A.K.; Sastry, V.N.; Fuzzy Extractor and Elliptic Curve Based Efficient User Authentication Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks and Internet of Things. Information (MDPI Journal), 2017, Vol. 8, 136. pp. 1-38. Indexing: E-SCI, DBLP, Scopus, Compendex (Elsevier), Inspec (IET), Web of Science.
- Shashidhara R; Sriramulu B; Maurya A.K.; Kumari S.; Hu Xiong; A Robust User Authentication Protocol with Privacy-preserving for Roaming Service in Mobility Environments . Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, Indexing: SCOPUS, SCI-E. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12083-020-00929-y
- Maurya, A.K.; Sastry, V.N.; Secure and Efficient Authenticated Key Exchange Mechanism for Wireless Sensor Networks and Internet of Things using Bloom Filter. The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing, Oct 15 - 17, 2017, San Jose, California, USA. pp.173-180.
- Maurya, A.K.; Sastry, V.N.; User Authentication Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks and Internet of Things using LU Decomposition. Fifth International Symposium on Security in Computing and Communications, September 13-16, 2017, Manipal, India. pp. 39-53.
- Maurya, A.K.; Sastry, V.N.; User Authentication Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks and Internet of Things using Chinese Remainder Theorem. Fifth International Symposium on Security in Computing and Communications, September 13-16, 2017, Manipal, India. pp. 79-94. (Best Paper Award)
- Maurya, A.K.; Sastry, V.N.; Symmetric Hash Function based Secure and Efficient Authenticated Key Exchange Mechanism for Wireless Sensor Networks. 11th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunications Systems. December 17-20, 2017, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. pp. 1-6.
- Maurya, A.K.; Sastry, V.N.; Udgata, S.K.; Cryptanalysis and Improvement of ECC -based Security Enhanced User Authentication Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Third International Symposium on Security in Computing and Communications, August 10-13, 2015, Kochi, India. pp. 134-145.
6 Year Research and Teaching Experience