Director Networks, Social Network Analysis, Audit Quality
Profile & History
Deepali Kalia is working as an Assistant Professor in the area of accounting and finance. She holds a Ph.D. from IIM Ranchi. She completed her MBA from University Business School, Punjab University, where she was the gold medalist.
She works broadly in the area of corporate governance. Her research focuses on director networks, why they are formulated, and how they impact various firm dynamics. Her research contributes to corporate governance, financial accounting, and auditing literature. She has published in international journals like the Asian Review of Accounting and Research in Economics. She has also presented papers in various national and international conferences.
Her teaching interest includes network analytics, corporate governance, Financial accounting
and financial reporting and analysis.
Research & Publications
- Kalia, D., Basu, D. and Kundu, S. Board characteristics and demand for audit quality: A meta-analysis (Asian Review of Accounting, ABDC – B) [Accepted] (2022) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/ARA-05-2022-0121
- Aggarwal, D. and Kalia, D. Examining Comovement and Causality between Producer Price index for P&C Insurance Premium and Uncertainty indices: Wavelet and Non-parametric Quantile Causality approach (Research in Economics, ABDC – B) Volume 76, Issue 2, June 2022, Pages 141-148 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rie.2022.07.003
- Kalia, D. and Aggarwal, D. (2023), Examining impact of ESG score on financial performance of healthcare companies, Journal of Global Responsibility, Vol. 14 No. 1, pp. 155-176. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JGR-05-2022-0045
- Board characteristics and demand for audit quality: A meta-analysis Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) - Australia, 3rd – 5th July 2022.
- Investor response to director networks: Evidence from the COVID – 19 crisis. International Conference on Network Science in Management - IIM Ahmedabad, 17th – 19th December 2022
- Board characteristics and demand for audit quality: A meta-analysis 5th Doctoral symposium – Asian Review of Accounting -Beijing, July 2022.