- P G Diploma in Tax Laws
- Certification in Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection (ICAI)
- Certification in Fintech (National University of Singapore)
Areas of Expertise
Cost Management, Financial Accounting, Financial Risk Management
Profile and History
Dr. Hanish Rajpal is working as an Associate Professor in the area of Finance and Accounting. He holds an MBA from FMS, Delhi University and a Ph.D. from National Law University, Jodhpur. Dr.Rajpal is a Chartered Accountant and a Certified FRM (GARP, US). He also earned certification in Fintech from National University of Singapore as well as certification in Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Dr. Rajpal has eleven years of experience in teaching and research. Before joining GIM, he worked with IMT,Nagpur. He has held various academic administration positions such as Program Chairperson (PGDM programs), area chair, student affairs chairperson etc. Prior to academics, he worked in the industry for around nine years with companies such as American Express, Genpact, Whirlpool and Sharp in the area of financial reporting.
His area of teaching and research includes cost and management accounting, financial accounting and reporting, earnings management, corporate taxation, and financial risk management. He has also delivered multiple trainings on cost management, audit and internal control, and taxation to the executives of companies Asian paints, Adani Power, Solar Industries, Vidarbha Industries Association etc.
Cost and Management Accounting, Financial Risk Management
Also teaches/ taught at:
IIM Indore, IIM Raipur
- Rajpal, H. and Jain, P. (2018). AUDITOR'S CHARACTERISTICS AND EARNINGS MANAGEMENT IN INDIA. Accounting and Finance Research, 7(4). ABDC (2017) Category C Journal
- Rajpal, H. and Jain, P. (2015). EARNINGS MANAGEMENT, INSTITUTIONAL SHAREHOLDING AND IDIOSYNCRATIC VOLATILITY: EVIDENCE FROM INDIA. Corporate Ownership and Control, 12(4). ABDC (2013) Category B Journal (Scopus Listed)
- Rajpal, H. (2016). STOCK RETURNS AND IDIOSYNCRATIC VOLATILITY: EVIDENCE FROM INDIA. Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, 12(1). ABDC (2013) Category B Journal
- Rajpal, H. (2015). OWNERSHIP STRUCTURES, BOARD INDEPENDENCE AND AUDITOR'S REMUNERATION: EVIDENCE FROM INDIA. European Journal of Business and Management. 7(10).
- Rajpal, H. (2012). INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS AND EARNINGS MANAGEMENT- EVIDENCE FROM INDIA. International Journal of Accounting and Financial Management Research. 2(4).
- Rajpal, H. and Jain, P. (2017). EARNINGS MANAGEMENT AND AUDITOR'S CHARACTERITICS: A PRELIMINARY STUDY ON INDIAN COMPANIES. International Research Journal of Management and Commerce. 4(9).
- Rajpal, H.(2017). TESTING THE EFFICIENCY OF OSCILLATORS IN INDIAN STOCK MARKET. International Journal of Research in Business Management. 5(5)
- Rajpal, H.(2017). GOODS AND SERVICES TAX AND ITS IMPACT ON SELECTED INDUSTRY IN INDIA. International Journal of Management, Information Technology and Engineering. 5(5).
- Rajpal, H. (2013). PERSISTENCE IN MUTUAL FUND PERFORMANCE - EVIDENCE FROM INDIA. International Journal of Business Management & Research. 3(3).
- Rajpal, H. (2018) TCOMM LIMITED - CALLABLE BONDS ISSUE. The Case Center
- Rajpal, H. (2018) TARA CHAND & SONS. The Case Center
- Rajpal, H. (2017). CNG FURNITURE PVT LTD (A). The Case Center.
- Rajpal, H. (2017). CNG FURNITURE PVT LTD (B). The Case Center.
- Rajpal, H. (2010). INDIAN COASTAL POWER LTD. In H. Halve, K.R. Jayasimha, and R. Nargundkar (Eds.) Emerging Markets Case Study Collection (pp.45-47). New Delhi. India: Excel Books.
- Indukoori, R. and Rajpal, H. (2010). SKS Micro Finance and MBTs. In H. Halve, K.R. Jayasimha, and R. Nargundkar (Eds.) Emerging Markets Case Study Collection (pp.71-74). New Delhi. India: Excel Books.
- Institute of Management Technology from April 2010 to March 2021
- Genpact from Nov 2008 to March 2010
- American Express from July 2004 to Oct 2008
- Whirlpool from July 2003 to Feb 2004
- Sharp Business Systems Dec 2002 to June 2003