MBA, MPhil, FDP (IIM-A), Ph.D.,
Exploring Rhythms through group facilitation
MBA, MPhil, FDP (IIM-A), Ph.D.,
Areas of Expertise
Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
Profile & History
Dr. V Padmanabhan has nearly two decades of experience in the field of individual and group dynamics and organization development. With a strong passion for understanding the complexities of human behaviour within organizations, he specializes in conducting research and teaching in these areas.
Dr. Padmanabhan's research interests revolve around observing group processes as a phenomenon and their profound impact on team and organizational performance. His expertise includes gathering organizational stories and writing case studies that delve into the intricate processes at the self, interpersonal, and system levels. His insightful case studies have been published in esteemed platforms such as the Asian Business Case Center, GVV – Babson College, and Ivey Case Publishing.
In addition to his academic pursuits, Dr. Padmanabhan has an impressive consultancy portfolio, serving both public and private sector organizations. His consultancy work includes diagnosing organizational structure and design, developing vision and mission statements, structuring selection methods, conducting competency mapping, and performing role analysis for public sector organizations. Notable clients he has worked with include Konkan Railways and New Mangalore Port Trust.
Furthermore, Dr. Padmanabhan has conducted Management Development Programs (MDPs) for prestigious institutions such as the Naval War College, NPC, Goa Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development, Goa Shipyard Ltd, Metlife Global, Punjab National Bank, Directorate of Technical Education, Govt of Goa, New India Assurance Limited and various Government departments. These programs have catered to mid-level managers from the pharmaceutical industry and administrative heads, providing valuable insights and practical knowledge.
Dr. V Padmanabhan's expertise and his profound dedication to understanding and enhancing organizational dynamics make him a valuable resource for organizations seeking to optimize their performance and foster sustainable growth.
- Individual Dynamics (OB-I – core)
- Interpersonal and Group Behavior (OB-II -core)
- Organizational Structure and Design (core)
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Development (elective)
- Competency Mapping (elective)
- Conflict Management (elective)
- Power & Politics (elective)
Research and Publications
- DR. Padhmanabhan, 2019, An Action Research Case Study on Water Awareness Program in The Rural Schools in Goa Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, 14 (1).
- Dr Padhmanabhan & Dr. Latha, 2017, Relationship between Workgroup Characteristics and Effectiveness A study on Women Self-Help Groups, IUP Journal of Organizational Behavior, 16(2), 17.
- Dr Padhmanabhan & Dr. Divya Singhal, 2017, Relevance of Oral Comprehensive Exams in B-School Environment International Journal of Innovative Studies and Advanced Research, 4(3).
- Dr Padhmanabhan & Dr. Latha, 2017, An empirical study to identify Workgroup Characteristics with special reference to Women Self-Help Groups, Vimarsh – A Journal of Management, 7(2), 10-21.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2015, Creating Ethical Climate through Culture and Ethical Leadership, International Journal of Business and Management Invention, 4(6), 62-65.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2015, Understanding Online Knowledge Sharing Communities: A Qualitative Research Approach through a Group Leader's Experience, International Journal of Management and Social Science Research, 4(6), 71-76.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan & Dr. Latha, V., 2015, The Self-Help Group's Workgroup Characteristics and Its Relations with the Group's Effectiveness - A Conceptual Study, Research Journal of Commerce & Behavioural Science, 3(8), 14-18.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Study on the Relationship between Workgroup Process and Group Members’ Satisfaction with Reference to Women Self-Help Group, IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, 65-81.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2010, An analysis of selected causal factors influence on the purchase decision of consumers toward the private label, PACE- The Journal of Business and Management
- Dr. Divya Singha & Dr Padhmanabhan, 2008, A Study on Customer Perception towards Internet Banking: Identifying Major Contributing Factors. Journal of Nepalese Business Studies,5(1), 101-111
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2019,A case of Impulsiveness, Prerana - Journal of Management Thought and Practice,11(1)
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2018, Can we build a Positive Workplace?, Prerana, Journal of Management Thought and Practice.
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2017, The Leadership Change at the Casino Blue Bell, Jaipuria Journal of International Management.
- Dr Padhmanabhan,2017, A Case Study on the Intervention for Change: The GSHCL’s Initiative, Prerana.
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2017, Are trainees a Soft Target – Harassment at Workplace Global Research Academy – Multi Disciplinary Journal
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2017, The Style and Role incompatibility – A Leadership Challenge.International Journal of Global Business Management and Research.
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,& Dr. Divya Singhal, 2017, Innovation in Management: Challenges and the Road Ahead International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2017, Confrontation or Compromise International Journal of Management and Social Science Research Review
- Prof. Rakesh Shrivastava and Dr Padhmanabhan, 2016, Whose Money is this Anyway?, International Journal of Management and Social Sciences Research, 5(1), 52-57
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2015, Perception Management – The “X” factor for performance appraisal, International Journal of Management Research and Strategy, 5(2).
- Dr Padhmanabhan , 2015, Will they Resolve Their Differences - A conflict Story. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management 3(6), 3178-3179
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Case Study on Unethical Team Leadership, International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 2(5), 833-835.
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Neutral Line to the State Electricity Board (A). GVV Case study collection, Babson College.
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Neutral Line to the State Electricity Board (B). GVV Case study collection, Babson College.
- Dr. Divya Singhal & Dr Padhmanabhan, 2008, ISO 9001: 2000 QMS as Supply Chain Tool for Small and Medium Enterprises, Macmillan India
- Transcendence, 2019 - 3rd International Conference on Organizational Development, TISS –Mumbai.
- 2018- International Conference on Governance for Sustainable Development, Srilanka .
- 2016 - State Level Seminar on the National Statistic Day, Goa.
MDPS & Consultancies –
- He has done consultancies for public and private sector organizations in the areas of diagnosing Organizational structure and design, vision and mission, structuring selection methods, competency mapping and role analysis for public sector organizations. Some of the notable clients were Konkan Railways, New Mangalore Port Trust etc.,
- He has conducted MDPs for Naval War College, National Productivity Council, Konkan Railways, Goa Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development, Goa Shipyard Ltd and Mid-level managers from Pharma and Administrative heads at various Government engineering colleges etc.