FACULTY RECRUITMENT FOR GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM), established in 1993, is one among the top few business schools of India. The institute is looking for bright persons with interests in teaching, scholarship and research, and networking with industry.
The faculty role includes teaching, research, consultancy, conducting MDPs and In-company programmes, seminars, conferences, serving on committees, guidance of student activities, interaction with and guidance of students and alumni. Faculty shall also take on, as and when called upon, the academic administrative responsibilities of the Institute.
Positions at all levels and desired specialisations are available as described below. Required qualifications and experience are as follows:
- Lecturer: First class Master's degree in the relevant subject with at least 60% marks at the graduation stage and extremely good academic record throughout. They should have good communication skills and potential to grow in GIM by acquiring a Ph D.
- Senior Lecturer: First class Master's degree in the relevant subject with at least 60% at the graduate level, a very good academic record throughout, and at least 2 year academic or industry experience.
- Assistant Professor: Ph. D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and 2 years in teaching/ research/ industrial experience,.
- Associate Professor: Ph.D. with a First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and minimum of eight years in teaching/ research/ industry experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Professor: Ph.D. with a First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and minimum of ten years in teaching/ research/ industrial experience of which at least five years should be at the level of Associate Professor.
- Senior Professor: PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of goods, etc) with a minimum of 18 years of teaching in a well-established institution and whose research or publications have achieved wide recognition.
An outstanding engineer/technologist who has worked in industry and has established a reputation, and who has made significant contribution to knowledge, but not having a Ph.D. degree, may also be considered for appointment to the post of Assistant or Associate Professor, on contract basis.
Desirable specialisations in the following areas will be applicable:
Finance & Accounting Area
- Fintech & Banking Analytics
- Quantitative Finance
- Financial Risk Management
- Alternate Investments
- Digital & Social media marketing
- Marketing Research
- Retail, E-tail & Distribution Management
- Product Design
- Business Communication
- Business Law, Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneurship & Managing Start-ups
Operations & Systems
- Operations Management
- Information Systems Management
- Internet of Things
Health Care Management
- Health Economics
- Public Health
- Health Informatics & Analytics
- Medical/ Bio-statistics
- Distribution & logistics management in health care
Big Data Analytics with special focus in following areas:
- The Information Technology: Storage and computational power, cloud computing
- The computer/data science: Algorithm design, visualization, scalability (Machine Learning, network & Graph analysis, streaming of data and text mining), distributed data, architectures, data dimension reduction and implementation
- The mathematical science: Statistics, Optimisation, uncertainty quantification, model development (statistical, Ab Initio, simulation) analysis and systems theory.
- The analytics professionals: multi-disciplinary approach: Contextual problem solving, Geospatial Big Data (GBD) analytics, Spatio-temporal Big Data Analytics, Supply Chain Analytics, etc.
Applications are also invited from well qualified and exceptional candidates for faculty for positions in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Health Care Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations Research & Operations Management, Organisational Behaviour, Strategic Management and Systems & IT Management.
Applicants for open faculty recruitment will need to submit a formal application letter, an updated detailed curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and interests, their research interests and agenda for the next 5 years, and 2 recommendations/ references. Based on these documents, faculty will be shortlisted for the faculty recruitment process.
The faculty recruitment process will consist of a research seminar followed by an interview.
Current GIM faculty can also apply for open recruitment and if they qualify, accordingly they will move to the new designation and pay scale.
Only faculty who have completed their PhD (the degree has been awarded) are eligible for open recruitment as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor or Senior Professor. Young faculty who are yet to complete a PhD may be recruited only at the lecturer, senior lecturer grade or as research associates.
Salary & perquisites: GIM salary scales compare with the best in business schools in the country. In addition to a competitive salary, GIM has a lucrative performance linked pay wherein a faculty can additionally earn up to Rs 10 lacs p.a. The institute has state-of-the-art facilities including an impressive access to electronic databases, liberal conference participation and faculty development funding, seed money for research projects, as well as other perquisites. We also offer faculty accommodation on campus.
Completed applications may be sent by email to email@example.com or sent by post to the following address Director, Goa Institute of Management, Village Poriem, Sankhali, Sattari, Goa 403505 by the 23rd August 2017. Applicants are expected to specify which position and specialisation/ area they are applying for. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The Institute reserves the right to change the above conditions without notice.
Posted on 21st July 2017