Goa Institute of Management (GIM), Goa invites applications for the post of Research Assistant for a fixed term period.
GIM has collaborated with Leeds University Business School for a project on "Modern Slavery along International Textile Supply Chain" funded by British Academy. Goa Institute of Management is seeking a Research Assistant to work for a fixed term on contractual basis.
Some details of the project
Location: Fieldwork in Tamil Nadu, e.g. at Coimbatore, Tirupur, Erode etc with one-two visits to GIM Goa
Salary: 30000 + 30% HRA + 1000 telephone/internet allowance
Tenure: The position is purely temporary for 4 months and may be extended further for 2 months based on satisfactory performance and project requirements.
- Post-graduate degree in Management, Social work, Social science or related discipline
- Some prior research background
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal in Tamil and English
Desirable: M Phil degree
Preference would be given to some prior field research experience preferably in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility or Labour Laws or textile/fashion supply chain and related issues.
We are looking for a candidate who can communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in Tamil and English languages. Project would require person to travel in and around Tamil Nadu. All local conveyance will be additionally reimbursed as per the project budget norms. Candidate may also need to travel to Goa for some duration during the project period. For this purpose, travel cost by AC III tier will be reimbursed to the candidate and stay would be arranged at nominal cost.
As research assistant, your main duties will include
- Fixing up appointments with the textile industry stakeholders, NGO's and government officials
- Conducting interviews with textile industry stakeholders, NGO's and government officials, collating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data
- Translation and transcription of the interview recordings
- Working independently and as part of a larger team of researchers and other stakeholders
- Supporting other project related research activities including contributing to research results
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list.
Selection Interviews will be held in early August. The work will start in Mid-August/September 2018.
How to apply: You can apply for this role by sending your complete CV (detailing your educational qualification, experience, gender, date of birth and two referees) along with the statement of purpose, clearly stating about your research related experience and publications list to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 6th August 2018 as extended.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via skype/telephone.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may contact:
Dr. Divya Singhal,
Goa Institute of Management, Sanquelim
Posted on 17th July 2018