Faculty Recruitment For Goa Institute Of Management
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM), established in 1993, is one among the top few business schools of India. The institute is looking for bright persons with interests in teaching, scholarship and research, and networking with industry. GIM currently offers 4 PGDM programs: the flagship PGDM program; the country's leading PGDM Health Care Management program; a newly launched first of its kind PGDM Big Data Analytics program; and a weekend part-time PGDM program for working executives. GIM is also planning to introduce a PGDM in BFSI in 2020 concentrating on new age technology lead digital BFSI.
The faculty role includes teaching, research, consultancy, conducting MDPs and In-company programmes, seminars, conferences, serving on committees, guidance of student activities, interaction with and guidance of students and alumni. Faculty shall also take on, as and when called upon, the academic administrative responsibilities of the Institute.
GIM offers a high degree of academic freedom. GIM has proactively moved in November 2017 to salary scales in line with the 7th pay commission over and above which GIM has a lucrative performance incentive. GIM has ample accommodation available in its state-of-the-art scenic campus located at the foothills of the western ghats.
Positions at all levels and desired specialisations are available as described below. Required qualifications and experience are as follows:
- Senior Lecturer: First class Master's degree in the relevant subject with at least 60% at the graduate level, a very good academic record throughout, and at least 2 years academic, industry or teaching/ research assistance experience.
- Assistant Professor: Ph. D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and 2 years in teaching/ research/ industrial experience.
- Associate Professor: Ph.D. with a First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and minimum of five years in teaching/ research/ industry experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Professor: Ph.D. with a First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and minimum of ten years in teaching/ research/ industrial experience of which at least five years should be at the level of Associate Professor.
- Senior Professor: PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of goods, etc) with a minimum of 18 years of teaching in a well-established institution and whose research or publications have achieved wide recognition.
An outstanding manager/corporate executive who has worked in industry and has established a reputation, and who has made significant contribution to knowledge, but not having a Ph.D. degree, may also be considered for appointment to the post of Assistant or Associate Professor, on contract basis.
Desirable specialisations by areas are:
- Finance & Accounting Area
- Fintech & Banking Analytics
- Organisation Behaviour & Human Resources Area
- HR Analytics
- Compensation, Rewards & Benefits
- Digital & Social media marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Retail, E-tail & Distribution Management
- International Marketing
- General Management
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Entrepreneurship & Managing Start-ups
- Operations & Systems
- Information Systems Management
- Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence
- Analytics in Supply Chain & Logistics management
- Health Care Management
- Health IT/ Analytics
- Medical/ Bio-statistics
- Health care/ hospital/ pharmaceutical marketing
- Health Economics
- Big Data Analytics with special focus in following areas:
- Information Technology: Storage and computational power, cloud computing.
- Computer/data science: Algorithm design, visualization, scalability (Machine Learning, network & Graph analysis, streaming of data and text mining), distributed data, architectures, data dimension reduction and implementation.
- Mathematical science: Statistics, Optimisation, uncertainty quantification, model development (statistical, Ab Initio, simulation) analysis and systems theory.
- Analytics professionals: multi-disciplinary approach: Contextual problem solving, Geospatial Big Data (GBD) analytics, Spatio-temporal Big Data Analytics, Supply Chain Analytics, etc.
- Domain specialists: Web Analytics
Applications are also invited from well qualified and exceptional candidates for faculty for positions in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Health Care Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations Research & Operations Management, Organisational Behaviour, Strategic Management and Systems & IT Management.
Applicants for faculty recruitment will need to submit a formal application letter, an updated detailed curriculum vitae (Click here to download the format), a statement of teaching philosophy and interests, a statement of their research interests and their research agenda for the next 5 years, and 2 recommendations/ references. Based on these documents, faculty will be shortlisted for the faculty recruitment process.
The faculty recruitment process will consist of a research seminar followed by an interview.
Only applicants who have completed their PhD (the degree has been awarded) are eligible for open recruitment as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor or Senior Professor. Young applicants who are yet to complete their PhD may be recruited only at the senior lecturer grade or as research associates.
The Institute reserves the right to change the above conditions without notice.
Completed applications may be sent by email to email@example.com or sent by post to the following address Director, Goa Institute of Management, Village Poriem, Sankhali, Sattari, Goa 403505 by the end of June 2019. Applicants are expected to specify which position and specialisation/ area they are applying for. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Posted on 28th May 2019