HRIDAY - The HR Society
Hriday : People. Passion. Performance.
HRiday, the HR Club of Goa Institute of Management, is one of the oldest of its kind. Over the years, the club has constantly strived to improve its offerings with the sole aim of the students' holistic development.
Activities of the club encompass the following:
- Anveshan: Anveshan is the HR Symposium of Goa Institute of Management, and is the club's flagship event. The extravaganza includes interactive sessions by industry experts, skill development workshops, and Samiksha, the national level case study competition. For Samiksha, the case is written by the core committee members of the club in collaboration with an organisation seeking solutions to a live problem. The event garners participation from the leading B schools across the country.
- Gyaanodaya: This is a perpetual series of talks where industry experts share their knowledge and experiences with the students on campus.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer: Interactive sessions where the 2nd year students share their Summer Internship selection and project experiences with the 1st year students.
- Fahrenheit: Interactive sessions where the 2nd year students provide information to the 1st year students about the various electives that can be selected for the majors and minors.
- HRidayveda: A quarterly newsletter prepared by the club. This includes article submissions from the students on campus, as well as special articles by industry experts and faculty.
- Inquizitive: A national level online HR quiz event in association with Brainvista, the quizzing club of GIM to test students across all B-schools on knowledge in HR domain.
- Sanjeevani: The blood donation camp organised by the club on campus twice a year in collaboration with Goa Medical College.
- Abhaar: Organised annually on our nation's Republic Day, this event involves the felicitation of the support staff on campus. Gifts are handed out by the Director.
Fun & Frolic
- Vivacity: To facilitate the loosening of nerves, and the letting go of inhibitions, this is an icebreaking session organised for the newbies at the start of the 1st year.
- HRcules: As tradition dictates, every newly selected batch of Junior Core Committee members takes on the responsibility of conceptualising and organising an event for the students on campus. The latest partaker of this tradition was HRcules, a high octane event that tested the participants' brains, as well as brawn.
- Shotsight: Shotsight is a platform for everyday filmmakers to showcase and express their interpretation of the chosen theme. The latest edition's theme was 'A Small Act of Social Change.' A national level event, Shotsight attracts entries from budding filmmakers hailing from across the country.
Standing (L to R): Parth Shah, Gavin Dsouza
Seating (L to R): Jayati Bhambhani, Bhavya Mathur, Shilpa Mittal