Student Alumni Relations Cell
The Student Alumni Relations Cell works towards achieving a meaningful relationship between the Alumni and the institution. The students being the most important part of the institute graduate into alumni and become the most important long term stakeholders of their Alma mater. The club provides an opportunity for the alumni to interact with the faculty and the students and helps build a relationship which lasts for many years. It helps the Alumni to stay updated on different activities conducted by the college.
Few Prominent Activities:
- Grand Alumni Meet is conducted every year at the Goa campus. The cell also holds summer meets in a few of the major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru and Pune. These meets help in bringing alumni together and serves as a platform for alumni to catch up with their batch mates and professors.
- Summer Solstice, an event aimed to encourage students to excel in their Summer Internships. The event is judged by prominent Alumni from the institute and a gold medal is awarded to the student for best summer internship project.
- Imprints: Annual meets across eight cities to facilitate interaction between alumni and internship students based in those cities as well as the GIM faculty.
- Alumni Recruit Connect (ARC): An initiative wherein we connect our fresh graduates to our alumni base in the organizations where they are placed, thus strengthening the bond between our alumni and our alma mater.
- Alumni Intern Mentorship (AIM): A program wherein we connect our first year students with our alumni based in the organizations, wherein, they have secured Summer Internship Projects.
- International Meets: Alumni meets arranged across foreign destinations where our senior faculty/Director is scheduled to visit during any time of the year. We had the Europe Alumni Meet in London during 2015 year-end and the Singapore Meet in March, 2016.
Standing (L to R): Lloyd Fernandes, Tushar Vashisth, Sneha Narayanan, Lakshay Gaba, Prafull Mathur
Seating (L to R): Medhavi Dhankar, Ajinkya Puranik, Surabhi Jirapure