The Health Club
The Health Club acts as a liaison between the different vendors on campus, students and the college management. It not only works closely with the management in enhancing the overall well-being of the students and faculty on campus, but also deals with different vendors who operate on campus; this gives the committee members hands on experience on different business models used by these vendors. Currently the Health Club looks after the gymnasium, cafeteria, juice shop, cake shop and swimming pool.
Some of the activities coming under the preview of the Health Club are:
- Procurement and maintenance of gymnasium and its equipment. Any violation of rules or mishandling of any of the gym equipment is not tolerated. Strict action is taken against them.
- Envisaging different types of vendors that can be accommodated on campus and inviting them to set up shop on campus.
- Since students are the primary customers, the Health Club acts as an intermediary in processing and evaluating different requests that are raised by the students on campus and caters to their needs. Also negotiation is done with the vendors so that good and quality food is provided at reasonable rates
- Framing and designing contractual agreement for different vendors since all the vendors on campus are hired on contract basis
- Negotiating with the students, vendors and the college management on various concerns such as during special events/festival the additional dishes provided, also negotiation of the term meals charges, and while organising special events, for example ‘Bengali Bhoj', Gujrati Bhoj etc.
- Keeping a check on revenues generated by different businesses and processing of bills.
- Keeping a tab on hygiene and quality of every vendor. Additionally, regular inspection of the meals prepared in canteen are done by the HC members with proper precautions
- Changing the vendor in case he fails to satisfy the needs of the students and violates the HC rules
- Certain rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all users of the swimming pool facilities to ensure safe operation of the pool & to provide enjoyable recreational opportunities for all.