The Systems Club
The Systems Club of Goa Institute of Management, a student-driven club is committed towards keeping all our fellow batch mates up to date with the needs and requirements of the corporate world from technological perspective.
We keep the batch abreast with the latest advancements and innovations in the world of technology through regular updates with the help of various social media and internal communication channels. We also endure to lighten the moods by hosting fun events every trimester.
- Keeping the batch updated with various technological happenings.
- Helping students in IT related issues. This is primarily the responsibility of IT department of GIM and IT@GIM would only compliment them
- Helping with summer and final placements by providing presentations about companies on campus.
Some of the activities undertaken by the club in the last academic year (2015-17) are:
- Comcentric: A national level case study competition organised in association with Sammridhi.
- Quest Run 2.0: A fun event organised by the Systems Club to strengthen and test team bonding among team players. It also involved promoting various aspects of Information Technology through the game play.
- Gaming Week,17: Gaming Week is a flagship event of The Systems Club comprising of multiplayer LAN gaming events like Counter Strike, FIFA and NFS Most Wanted. Students get a chance to relieve their memories of playing LAN games with their team players. This event brought out the essence of passion, teamwork through some hard-fought matches.
- Lock n Load: This event was conducted exclusively for the PGP1's. It was an interactive session by the club to acquaint the PGP1's with the IT systems in the college and help them with the configuration.
- Animaniacs: A multiple round fun event, main motive was childhood memories. Hosting questions from various cartoons, animation films and superheroes comics this event kept everyone on their toes from start to end.
- Lakshya '16: An initiative by IT@GIM to help first year students with their summer placements via a series of presentations and documents on the companies visiting campus, highlighting recent news and other details about the company, the selection procedure followed and the interview experiences from the previous year.
- Final Destination' 17: A series of interactive sessions by PGP2s to help PGP1s gain from the experiences of their seniors in the final placement process and get a better understanding of the profiles offered by the companies that visited the campus, the selection process followed, the kinds of questions asked during the interviews and a lot more.
Standing (L to R): Sarvesh Nadkarni, Shubhodoy Banerjee, Ashish Jain&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt;Seating (L to R): Shruti Bhat, Aarohi Jewalikar, Oisheeparna Sen