The Systems and Consulting Club
The Systems and Consulting Club is run by a group of students with an aim to promote and create exposure among students about technology and consulting relevant to the managers of tomorrow.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- To keep the students abreast of the latest happenings and advancements in technology relevant to the Managers of tomorrow bracing against the tide of change in a world increasingly moving towards automation.
- To equip the students with necessary skills, information, tools and resources required to choose consulting as career option.
- To create a platform for the aspirants where they can exchange information with the industry executives.
- To ensure a smooth functioning on the D-Day of the placements by providing the history of the companies coming on campus, the industry they operate in & current scenario of the organization.
- To ensure that the students experience a holistic learning of various courses curated to the industry needs and standards.
- To ensure there is balance between life and work by conducting fun events.
Events (To be conducted during the academic year 2018-2019)
- D-Day Training : An initiative to keep the students prepped up for the aptitude tests conducted by every organization coming on campus to drive the confidence and preparedness levels of the students to clear them with ease.
- Apprenant : A complete module for 30 weeks each year curated as per each week with videos for self-learning entailing subjects from Marketing, Operations, Finance, CV Building, GD Preparations, PI Preparations, MS Office Learning Modules & many more encompassing abstract topics and subjects.
- Comcentric : A national level case study competition organized in association with Samriddhi.
- Lakshya : An initiative to help PGP1s with their summer placements via a series of presentations about the companies visiting the campus, highlighting important information about the company, its offerings, operations, recent news and other details about the company.
- Final Destination : An initiative to help PGP2s with their final placements via a series of presentations about the companies visiting the campus, highlighting important information about the company, its offerings, operations, recent news and other details about the company.
- TechKatha : An event for the PGP2s giving them an opportunity to share their experiences regarding their relationship and time with technology and systems they have used at their workplace during summer internships including their project and industry perspectives.
- Blitz : An exciting event to be organised by Systems and Consulting Club to put analytical and problem-solving skills to test. It involves aspects from the physical as well as the virtual world where participants try to outdo each other.
- Gaming Week : A LAN gaming event organized in GIM. This event brought out the essence of passion, teamwork through some hard-fought matches. The legacy continued forward with games like FIFA, NFS Most Wanted and Counter Strike.
- The Consultant : A consulting based case solving competition in which a live business problem would be gathered from an actual firm and the students will be expected to propose solutions for the firm resulting in enhancement of problem solving and analysing skills.
- Sectosphere : A sector analysis competition which encourage the students to research and develop sector analysis report which would be beneficial in national case study competitions and better understanding of trends of the industry.
- Curio : A business simulation/guesstimate event in which the students would be put in the shoes of a consultant and decide the strategy for the firm, usage of resources and making sustainable company.
Standing (L to R): Wahid Khan, Sourav Ghosh, Athul
Seating (L to R): Aayushi Arun , Darshan Bhalerao , Barkha Jain