The Systems and Consulting Club
Consultants are known for solving problems and making life easier & we the Systems and Consulting Club are in par with the thought. Consulting along with Systems is quite trendy in the modern business environment. Hence, our objective is to promote and provide exposure to students about technology and consulting relevant to the managers of tomorrow.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- To keep the students abreast of the latest happenings and advancements in technology relevant to the Managers of tomorrow bracing against the tide of change in a world increasingly moving towards automation.
- To equip the students with necessary skills, information, tools and resourcesrequired to choose consulting as career option.
- To create a platform for the aspirants where they can exchange information with the industry executives.
- To ensure a smooth functioning on the D-Day of the placements by providing the history of the companies coming on campus, the industry they operate in & current scenario of the organization.
- To ensure there is balance between life and work by conducting fun events.
Events (To be conducted during the academic year 2019-2020)
- Tech Katha : An event for the PGP2s giving them an opportunity to share their experiences regarding their relationship and time with technology and systems they have used at their workplace during summer internships including their project and industry perspectives.
- Blitz : An exciting event to be organized by Systems and Consulting Club to put analytical and problem-solving skills to test. It involves aspects from the physical as well as the virtual world where participants try to outdo each other.
- Comcentric : A national level case study competition organized in association with Samriddhi.
- D-Day Training: An initiative to keep the students prepped up for the aptitude tests conducted by every organization coming on campus to drive the confidence and preparedness levels of the students to clear them with ease.
- Apprenant : A complete module for 30 weeks each year curated as per each week with videos for self-learning entailing subjects from Marketing, Operations, Finance, CV Building, GD Preparations, PI Preparations, MS Office Learning Modules & many more encompassing abstract topics and subjects.
- Lakshya : An initiative to help PGP1s with their summer placements via a series of presentations about the companies visiting the campus, highlighting important information about the company, its offerings, operations, recent news and other details about the company.
- Final Destination : An initiative to help PGP2s with their final placements via a series of presentations about the companies visiting the campus, highlighting important information about the company, its offerings, operations, recent news and other details about the company.
- Curio : A business simulation/guesstimate event in which the students would be put in the shoes of a consultant and decide the strategy for the firm, usage of resources and making sustainable company.
- Gaming Week : A LAN gaming event organized in GIM. This event brought out the essence of passion, teamwork through some hard-fought matches. The legacy continued forward with games like FIFA, NFS Most Wanted and Counter Strike.
- The Consultant : A consulting based case solving competition in which a live business problem would be gathered from an actual firm and the students will be expected to propose solutions for the firm resulting in enhancement of problem solving and analyzing skills.