The Supply Chain and Operations Club, strives to live up to the vigor of Operations enthusiasts and is a step ahead in ensuring that learning doesn't stop beyond books.
With this vision, SCOPES brings operations to the real ground, to our daily lives and, bringing new challenges every time to make learning more interesting.
With events like Battle of Clans, Shoot'em Up, Continuum and the ever popular "Beer Game", it ensures that team work, strategy & competition becomes enjoyable and the complex fundamentals of Supply chain and Operations become clear among all the enthusiasts.
Organizing our flagship event, Beer Game, is an open challenge for teams to compete and prove themselves as the most efficient strategists. In real life, more than the understanding one gets by playing as different entities in a single supply chain, it is the learning when numerous supply chains compete with one another, then the real strategic intent is made clear.
We constantly use digital media platforms to convey latest trends in operations and supply chain field to the students of GIM as well as update them with academic activities in regards to operations. As far as our events are concerned, they are specifically designed to ensure that team work, strategy & competition becomes enjoyable and the complex fundamentals of Supply chain and Operations become clear among all the enthusiasts.
The main endeavor of SCOPES is to facilitate learning. We try to come up with events not limited to Operations major's appeal, but to every person who wants to hone their skills in strategy and planning, and of course, not to forget a bit of challenge that titillates your brain cells.
SCOPES has taken GIM Operations stream to a national level with its Case Study competition Continuum, witnessing a huge participation from India's top B-schools.
- To provide practical learning opportunities to minimize risk and maximize success in ventures
- To facilitate interaction with experienced entrepreneurs, industry experts and venture capitalists to gain insight and inspiration
- To ensure that students stay abreast with career opportunities in general management and to help them develop the required skill set.
- To foster lasting ties between alumni in general management roles and current students for continued mentoring and support.
- To engage with industry and business leaders to nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
- Beer Game : Supply chain based online simulation game
- National Level during Samriddhi
- Continuum : National level live operations and/or general management case study competition
- Battle of Clans : An event with the mix of SCM, logistics and procurement (in house)
- Shoot'Em Up : Supply chain management event based on Inventory Management
- Tantra : 2 day workshop on various operation's concepts by area experts (Tantra 2017 was based on APICS, conducted by APICS India channel partner)
- Samhita : Annual operations magazine of GIM
Standing (L to R): Nitish Varshney, Samaakhya P, Dipak Dash
Seating (L to R): Rashi Mittal, Kautuk Dev , Poornika Awasthi