SCOPES, the Supply Chain and Operations Club, strives to live up to the vigor of Operations enthusiasts and is a step ahead in ensuring that learning doesn’t stop at books.
Motto: Observe, Operate, Optimize.
With this vision, SCOPES brings operations to the real ground, to our daily lives and, bringing in new challenges every time to make learning more interesting.
With events like Smugglers Retreat, Continuum and the ever popular “Beer Game”, it ensures that team work, strategy & competition becomes enjoyable and the complex fundamentals of Supply chain and Operations become clear among all the enthusiasts.
Organizing our flagship event, Beer Game, is an open challenge for teams to compete and prove themselves as the most efficient strategists. In real life, more than the understanding one gets by playing as different entities in a single supply chain, it is the learning when numerous supply chains compete with one another, then the real strategic intent is made clear.
While SCOPES endeavors to facilitate learning, it also tries to come up with events not only limited to Operations majors’ appeal but also to all who wants to hone their skills in strategy and planning, and of course, not to forget a bit of challenge that titillates your brain cells!
SCOPES has taken GIM Operations stream to the national level with its Case Study competition Continuum, witnessing a huge participation from India’s top B-schools.
- To provide practical learning opportunities regarding how to minimize risk and maximize success in ventures
- To facilitate interaction with experienced entrepreneurs, industry experts and venture capitalists to gain insight and inspiration
- To ensure that students stay abreast of career opportunities in general management and to help them develop the required skill set.
- To foster lasting ties between alumni in general management roles and current students for continued mentoring and support.
- To engage with industry and business leaders to nurture mutually beneficial relationships by engaging with the industry and business leaders.
- Beer Game : Supply chain based simulation game,
- Continuum :National level live operations and/or General management case study
- Samhita : Operations magazine of GIM
Standing (L to R): Aayush Shrivastav, Suhail Khan, Himanshu Sharma
Seating (L to R): Aarti Garde, Mohit Pai, Sejal Salunke