PRAYAS- The Sports Club
As the student sports club, we at Prayas organise all sports events in GIM. It is our belief that amidst all the hectic schedule of a B-School, it is imperative that all students have a fair share of fun just to make things a little more relaxed. Apart from providing all the sporting equipment we keep an inventory of all the First Aid Medical facilities that may be required in the course of student life.
The main events conducted include:
- Basanti Cup: an annual cricket tournament with participation from both faculty and students.
- Other sports events like Badminton (Smash), Table Tennis (Ping Pong), Football (Kick-Off) and Carom (Caromania) tournaments.
- Panache: the fashion show that brings out the glamour within GIM, conducted as part of Diwali celebrations.
- Veeru Cup: the flagship volley ball tournament of GIM.
- Fun events like Gully Cricket, Kai-poche (Kite flying), Street Football.
Standing (L to R): Karan Somaiya, Anirudh Rajawat, Aaron Monteiro, Abhishek Upadhyay
Seating (L to R): Bhagyashree Lotlikar, Tanay Yadav, Rituparna Bhowmik