RAZZMATAZZ - The Cultural Club
RaZzMaTaZz is the cultural club of GIM that organizes various stress-busting events throughout the year, both in and outside the campus. These include festival celebrations, parties, talent contests and many other recreational activities. These activities bring relaxation and joy for students staying away from home with a busy MBA schedule.
Our main events include:
- Mid-Summers: The ice-breaking session between the two batches of GIM kick-starts the academic year. On an evening filled with music & frolic, the PGP1s get a chance to showcase their talents at the end of which Mr & Ms Fresher are crowned.
- La Fiesta (The Fresher's Party): The PGP1s and HCM1s get a glitzy welcome at one of the best venues in Goa. In this event, both the batches get to know each other as the seniors welcome the juniors in the GIM family.
- Zumb-It-Up: A new fitness programme for a new generation. This is a 3-hour long workshop conducted in-house for the students to stay fit & learn the dance form, Zumba. It's a fun event where in spite of sweating it out you would be asking for more!
- Musica (The Antakshari Competition): It's an annual event in which GIM students display their special talents in Bollywood music!
- Garba Night (In association with the Gujarati Community of GIM): Starting with puja, the fun-filled night showcases brilliant Garba performances from the students with some of the faculty members joining in too.
- Diwali: Far away from home, when GIMites miss the Diwali celebrations at their homes, Razzies come to the rescue. The 2-day long celebration begins with some competitions, Narkasura vadh, Laxmi puja, musica (antakshari night), a delicious dinner, fireworks and room decorations. All hostels are beautifully decorated with rangolis, diyas and lights - a truly joyful event in all.
- Christmas: RaZzMaTaZz brings Santa to our doorsteps as the festive season dawns on us. The campus is lit up magnificently & the Christmas tree is adorned with enthusiasm as we ring in the spirit of Christmas. Carol singing really puts heart in the celebration. The evening culminates with serenading the faculty and the students & distribution of cake and hot chocolate.
- Lohri: A night for all, Punjabi or not, to dazzle the stage by displaying their Bhangra moves.
- Beach Please (The Beach Party): One of the most awaited events of the year starts with students indulging themselves in swimming, playing beach volleyball or just lazing around as the sun goes down on a beautiful, serene evening. As the night kicks in, snacks and dinner are provided along with bonfires and the DJ revs up the music to set the mood for a memorable outing.
- Cheerio (The Farewell Party): An event where we bid farewell to our much-loved seniors and wish them the very best for their future. This is something that you surely wouldn't want to miss!
- Holi: The campus comes alive as GIM plays Holi, desi-style with colors, thandai, water tanker and music on the football ground.
- Various other events like Term Opening Parties at the beginning of each term, cultural celebrations like Bengali Bhoj and other fun-filled events are held throughout the year.
Standing (L to R): Bhudesh Jain, Megh Netravalkar, Tanmay Vijayvergia
Seating (L to R): Sachin Rathi, Neha Thatte, Sharvari Joshi, Hitesh Khyalia