RAZZMATAZZ - The Cultural Club
RaZzMaTaZz, the cultural club of GIM, organizes various stress busting events throughout the year, both within and outside the campus. These include festival celebrations, parties, talent contests and many other recreational activities. During a year filled with hectic academic schedules and intense workload that is associated with a management course, RaZzMaTaZz provides that much needed opportunity to break-free!
Our main events include:
- Mid-Summers: The Ice-breaking session between the 2 batches of GIM kick-starts the academic year. On an evening filled with music & frolic, the PGP1s get a chance to showcase their talents at the end of which Mr & Ms Fresher are crowned.
- La Fiesta (The Fresher’s Party): The PGP1s get a glitzy welcome at one of the best venues in Goa. La Fiesta is an evening during which both the batches to get to know each other better and the juniors start feeling at home.
- Zumb-It-Up: Zumba, the new dance fitness program, has caught on like wildfire. A 3-hour long Zumba workshop is conducted for the students to stay fit & learn the dance form. Trust us when we say that you’ll be asking for more at the end of this!
- Musica: The Antakshari Competition- is an annual event in which the singers of GIM display their crooning talent accompanied by a live orchestra in Bollywood music!
- Garba Night: Starting with puja, the colorful and fun-filled night showcases brilliant Garba performances from the students with some of the faculty joining in too.
- Diwali: Far away from home, when GIMites miss the Diwali celebrations at their home-towns, Razzies come to the rescue. The 2-day long Diwali celebration starts with Lakshmi Pooja, followed by aarti & distribution of sweets.
- Sumptuous dinner is served later, followed by amazing fireworks at the stroke of midnight. All hostels are beautifully decorated, with rangolis, diyas and lights; a truly festive occasion in all.
- Christmas: RaZzMaTaZz brings Santa to your doorsteps as the festive season dawns on us. The campus is lit up magnificently & the Christmas tree is adorned with enthusiasm as we ring in the spirit of Christmas. The evening culminates with Serenading the faculty & the students & distribution of cakes & hot chocolate.
- Lohri: A night for the Punjabi folks (and the rest of the students) to dazzle the stage by showcasing their Bhangra moves.
- Beach Please: The Beach Party – is one of the most awaited events of the year. It starts with students indulging themselves by swimming, playing beach volleyball or just lazing around as the sun goes down on a beautiful, serene evening. As the night kicks in, snacks and dinner are provided along with a bonfire and the DJ revs up the music to set the mood for a memorable outing.
- Cheerio (Farewell): An event where we bid farewell to our much-loved seniors and wish them the very best for their future. This is something that you surely wouldn’t want to miss!
- Holi: The campus comes alive as GIM plays Holi desi style with colors, thandai, water tankers and music on its huge football ground.
- Various other events namely - Term Opening Parties at the beginning of each term, other festival celebrations like Sangamam, Bengali Bhoj, and other fun-filled events are held throughout the year.
Standing (L to R): Angad Bahal, Siddharth Bhutra, Rohit Bhuwania
Seating (L to R): Megha Gupta, Eliath Fernandes, Zenelyn Afonso