PGDHM, PGDCRM, Ph.D. (Marketing)
Experimenting with Different Cuisines
Areas of Expertise
Services Marketing, Hospital Management & Design Thinking,
Profile & History
Nafisa is an Assistant Professor and a seasoned professional with an extensive experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in Healthcare Operations and Marketing and has been in Academia for the last few years. Prior to GIM, she has worked with renowned organizations such as Manipal Health Enterprise Ltd, Apollo Group, SRL Diagnostics, Goa Ayurvedic Hospital, and ICICI Prudential Health Insurance. Her versatile expertise spans hospitals, diagnostics, and the insurance industry.
Notably, she has undertaken consulting assignments for prestigious organizations, including the National Health Authority (NHA) and the World Health Organization (WHO), contributing to projects related to the Ayushman Bharat Scheme. She has also served as a Principal Investigator for a WHO project under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). She actively teaches courses and has conducted MDP’s for National and International executives. She has published papers in esteemed peer reviewed journals and book chapters.
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Research & Analytics
- Hospital Management
- Design thinking
- Vaz, N., & Venkatesh, R. (2022). Hospital Online Branding During the Pandemic: A healthy change in India. Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management, 17(2). https://doi.org/10.24083/apjhm.v17i2.1569 (Scopus and ABDC-C)
- Kheya Melo Furtado, Arif Raza, Devasheesh Mathur, Nafisa Vaz, Ruchira Agrawal and Zubin Cyrus Shroff (2022). The trust and insurance models of healthcare purchasing in the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana in India: early findings from case studies of two states, BMC Health Services Research (Scopus Q1 and ABDC-B)
- Vaz,N, R.Venkatesh (2021). Service design in the healthcare space with a special focus on non-clinical service departments: A synthesis and future directions, Health Services Management Research (Scopus Q3 and ABDC-C)
- Furtado, K. M., Raza, A., Mathur, D., & Vaz, N. An Assessment of the Trust and Insurance model of Healthcare Purchasing under PMJAY: Examining two States.
- Dehury RK, Samal J, Desouza NV, Dehury P. Status of Women’s Health in Goa and Sikkim: A Comparative Analysis of State Fact Sheets of National Family Health Survey (NFHS)-3 And 4. Int J Med Public Health. 2017;7(4):196-202.
- Vaz, N. M- Health Literacy to Improve Health Outcomes in Low-Middle Income Countries, International Journal of Reliable and Quality E-Healthcare (IJRQEH),(2017).
- Vaz,N, Patient Satisfaction, "Healthcare Administration for Patient Safety and Engagement.",(2017).
- Vaz,N, Branding and Marketing In the Pharmaceutical Industry (2020)
- Vaz,N Understanding Antibiotic Resistence, Weekender, Gomantak Times. (2016)
- Worked as a Principal Investigator on a WHO consultancy project: Study on Process Evaluation of the Adoption and Use of Standard Treatment Guidelines (STGs) under PMJAY
- Worked as Associate Researcher on a WHO consultancy project: Mainstreaming Quality in PMJAY empanelled Hospitals.
- Worked as Associate Researcher on a WHO consultancy project: An Assessment of the Trust and Insurance Model of Healthcare Purchasing under PMJAY in 2 States
- Worked as a consultant for acquiring the NABH accreditation for 2 corporate hospitals in India.
Conference & Seminar Papers
- Vaz,N.‘Patient Support Programs in Emerging Markets- An Ideal Model’- In Proceedings of the “Annual Conference on Emerging Markets Innovation ,India, GIM , Feb 2020
- Vaz,N.‘Emerging Market Trends in Vaccination Adherence’ - In Proceedings of the “Annual Conference on Emerging Markets Innovation, India, GIM, Feb 2020
- Vaz,N,R.Venkatesh“Fostering Brand Trust in Healthcare Organization’s through Design Thinking in COVID times” in the International Virtual Conference on Contemporary Practices of Technology and Management for Economic Growth (ICTMEG 2020) conducted at VIT, Chennai on 23rd & 24th October, 2020.
- “Study Of Consumer Behaviour To Understand The Gaps In Business Of E-Pharmacy”, International Conference on Contemporary Practices of Technology and Management for Economic Growth, VIT Chennai, held on 23rd October 2020 and 24th October 2020
- “Board Gender Diversity and Adoption of UNSDG 3: Evidence from The Global Healthcare Sector” The 13th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE 2023) was held on 9th to 11th June 2023 at the Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
• Goa Institute of Management
• Manipal Health Enterprise Ltd
• Apollo Group of Hospitals
• SRL Diagnostics
• Goa Ayurvedic Hospital
• ICICI Prudential Health Insurance