Ph.D., MBA (Marketing), M.Com (Business Administration) and PGDBM (Marketing)
Ph.D., MBA (Marketing), M.Com (Business Administration) and PGDBM (Marketing)
Areas of Expertise
Profile & History
Dr. Anurag has more than 20 years of enriching experience in teaching, training and practice of Marketing. Currently he is associated with Goa Institute of Management. Prior to that he has been associated with IIM Shillong. Prior to that he has worked with IIM Bangalore, SIBM Pune, ICICI Bank Business Leadership Programme, Leeds Metropolitan University’s India Campus etc. He is a visiting faculty at some of the new IIMs.
Along with a doctorate, he is also a qualified MBA (Marketing), PGDBM (Marketing) and Master of Commerce (Business Administration). He loves training and discussions on anything marketing and his favourite courses are – Brand Management, Services Marketing and Consumer Behaviour.
Courses taught: Services Marketing and B2B Marketing
Also Teaches: IIM Nagpur
- "Marketing Metrics beyond Clickbaits" - by Dr. Anurag Dugar & Dr. Mani: Published by Sage Publications
- Achieving Competitiveness through Logistics – An Indian Perspective published in ICFAI Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. III (3) (Sept’06) (ISSN: 0972-9267). Selected for re-publication in:
- Strategic Supply Chain Management – An Introduction, edited by Sabyasachi C. (May‘07) (ISBN: 81-314-0716-0)
- Logistics Management - Concepts and Cases, edited by Pramod Rao and Kalyani Gohokar (June‘07) (ISBN: 81-314-0776-4)
- ICFAI University Press on Supply Chain Management – Managing the Process, edited by Jaya Krishna S. (Oct’07) (ISBN: 81-314-0372-6)
- Supply Chain Integration: An Ongoing Approach for Sustainability presented at AICTE sponsored national level conference at Integrated Institute of Learning and Management – Jaipur (then JIILM). (Coauthor) (Dec’06)
- Implications and Applications of Increasing Parties in Logistics, published in souvenir for 6th National Convention of Asian Council of Logistics Management, Kolkata (Jan ’07).
- Convergence – The Next Paradigm Shift in Business, published in MBA Review (Sep’07) (ISSN: 0972-6764).
- Convergence in Proximity with Globalization, Business and Marketing at the International Conference jointly organized by North American Society for Marketing Education in India (NASMEI) and IIM – Indore (2006). Published in Marketing in the New Global Order, edited by T K Panda and N Dhontu, by Excel Books (2007) (ISBN 81-7446-510-3).
- Marketing of Petrol in India: Transformation of an Undifferentiated Low Involvement Commodity into High Involvement Brands, published in International Journal of Innovative Marketing, (Europe) (2007, Vol 3, Issue 4, pp: 52-59) (ISSN: 1814 –2427).
- Service Modification through extending Mass Customization in the Professional Education Service Industry - Scope, Challenges and Management, presented at the International Conference at IIM Bangalore, organized by Product Development Management Association (PDMA) and IIM Bangalore (Dec ’07) and published in FedUni Journal of Higher Education, V (3), 63 – 81, (Aug’10) (Coauthor) (ISSN: 0973-3744)
- Commoditization of Brands and Branding of Commodities: Emerging Paradoxes in Indian Market - published in Global CEO (Aug’08) (ISSN: 0972-5318).
- Correlation between Brand Loyalty and Perceived Service Satisfaction for a Retail Store: An Empirical Study of Reliance Fresh’s Customers, published in Journal of GNA Institute of Management and Technology (Oct’08, Vol. III, No 1) (ISSN: 0974-5726).
- Service Marketing in India: Service it published in Effective Executive (Mar’09, Vol. XII, No 3) (ISSN: 0972-5172).
- Teaching Concepts of Probability: A Case Study Methodology for B-Schools – published in Icfaian Journal of Management Research (July’09, Vol. III, No. 7, pp: 34 – 44) (Coauthor) (ISSN: 0972–5342).
- Challenges and Strategies – Enhancing Competitiveness of Indian Tourism & Hospitality Industry for National Conference on Global Competitiveness organized by IIM – Kozikode in association with IIM – Lucknow (also selected for ICTL conference, Chiang Mei, Thailand). Published in “Global Competition and Competitiveness of Indian Corporates: Measurement and Analysis”, edited by Krishna Kumar and P R Bhatt, by Macmillan Advanced Research Series (2009) (ISBN: 13-978-0230-63857-0).
- What’s Inside? A Case For Component / Ingredient Branding – published in Effective Executive (Coauthor) (Vol. XII, Issue 11, Nov’09) (ISSN: 0972-5172)
- Measuring Correlation Between Consumers’ Perceived Price Sensitivity and Preference for Branded Petrol: An Empirical Analysis, presented at Energy 2010, a national conference at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun (Uttaranchal). (Apr’10) (In absentia)
- Deliberate Logo Modification – Some Unanswered Queries published in Marketing Mastermind in (Vol XI, Issue 1, Jan’11) (ISSN: 0972-5156).
- The Coke Contrast in India: Coke Versus Coca-Cola published in Advertising Express (Volume XI, No. 7, July’11) (ISSN: 0972-5326).
- Juice Brands’ Assertion of Purity and Quality: Do Indian Consumers Deem? published in Amity Business Review, 13(1), 1 – 9, (Jan – June 2012) (ISSN: 0972 – 2343)
- Consumers’ Perception about Lighting Products: A Study of Havells Retail Lighting Products in the National Capital Region published in Samvad (Vol. V, 8 – 17, Sept’12) (ISSN:2249-1880)
- Rebranding. Yes. No. published in Journal of Brand Strategy (United Kingdom), 1(2), Aug’12, 149 - 163 (ISSN 2045-855X)
- Measuring Consumers’ Preferences and Attitudes Towards Branded Petrol: An Initial Investigation of the Branded Petrol Market published in Global Business Review, Sage Publications, 14 (1) (Jan – Mar 2013), 137 - 154 (ISSN – 0972-1509).
- Cementing the survival published in International Case Conclave Elixir 2014 published by Excel India Publishers, New Delhi. pp.79-87, (ISBN: 978-93-84869-00-7), Edited by S. Sarabhai, & R. Kler. (Co-author). Case presented at GD Goenka University, Gurgaon, 5 December 2014.
- Cognitive dissonance as an effect of indulging on credit published in Paradigm, 18 (2) (Dec 2014), 155-166. Sage Publications. (Co-author)
- Functional benefits versus experiential benefits from bank brands published in NMIMS Management Review, XXV, (Oct- Nov, 2014), 117-127. (Co-author)
- Globalizing Higher Education in India: Brain Drain in Reverse – A Review, published in Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, (October, 2016), 9 (10), 23 – 33. (Co-author)
- Measuring International Students’ Satisfaction with Higher Education in India: Development and Validation of INHEdPERF Model, published in International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, (Feb, 2017), 15(1), 251-265. (Co-author)
- Impact of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty in the Sector of Telecom Service Provider in Delhi-NCR, published in International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), (Jun 2019), 8(8). (Co-author)
- An Analysis of Perception and Expectation Scores of Service Quality between Private Mobile Operators in India, published in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, (Dec. 2019), Vol. 11 (12), Special Issue, pp. 1259 – 1265 (1943-023X) DOI: 10.5373/JARDCS/V11SP12/20193334. (Co-author)
- Determining the challenges to infrastructure sharing among mobile service providers in Delhi NCR, published in International Journal of Scientific Technology and Research, (Jan. 2020), Vol. 9 (1), pp. 3132 - 3137 (ISSN 2277-8616)
- International Conference on Issues and Challenges in Retail Sector and FDI in India and Across the World organized by Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (Feb’13)
- FDP conducted by ICICI Bank for its Education Partners (July’11)
- International Conference on Brand Management at IMT Ghaziabad (Dec’08)
- National workshop on "Research Methods in Marketing" (Mar’05)
- FDP on Sales & Distribution Management at INC Staff College, Gurgaon (Feb’08) (6 day program)
- 40 Day Faculty Training Program at INC Staff College, Gurgaon (Dec’07 – Jan’08)
- FDP on “Innovative Techniques in Management: Research and Cases” organized at International Institute of Informatics and Management (Dec’06)
- National Summit on Human Resource Management: Challenges & Opportunities (July’06)
- National Conference on “Building Competency In Higher Education Institutes: The TQM way” (Jan’06)
- National Summit on Human Resource Management: Challenges & Opportunities (July’05)
- Workshop on "Research Methods in Marketing" (Mar’05)
20 plus years in industry and academics